Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now anyone can create stunning iBooks textbooks, cookbooks, history books, picture books, and more for iPad and Mac. Start with one of the Apple-designed templates that feature a wide variety of page layouts. Add your own text and images with drag-and-drop ease. Use Multi-Touch widgets to include interactive photo galleries, movies, Keynote presentations, 3D objects, and more. Preview your book on your iPad or Mac at any time. Then submit your finished work to the iBooks Store in a few simple steps. And before you know it, you’re a published author.
• Give your book a great beginning with templates that include a choice of page designs with matching fonts, colors, and textures
• Quickly customize your book with text and images, create new layouts, and even save a custom template
• Easily add a cover, video introduction, table of contents, copyright page, dedication, and foreword
Beautiful text and layouts
• Use a variety of text styles including custom fonts to give your book a rich yet consistent look
• Add text, shapes, charts, tables, and media anywhere on the page
• Import a chapter written in Pages or Microsoft Word and apply a great-looking layout from your current template
• Add sophisticated mathematical expressions with native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Add any word to the glossary with a single click and easily include photos, images, charts, tables, and shapes next to any definition
• Automatically create a portrait view of your landscape book, which allows iPad readers to focus on the text
• Choose from a variety of widgets that add Multi-Touch interactivity to your book
• Add a photo gallery, chapter review, movie, audio file, Keynote presentation, scrolling sidebar, dynamic pop-over, interactive image with callouts, 3D object, or custom HTML anywhere in your book
• Many widgets include placeholders for titles and captions and are automatically numbered so you can reference them in your main text
• Add accessibility descriptions to any widget so that it can be used by sight-impaired readers easily with VoiceOver
Export for iBooks Store or iTunes U
• Preview your book in iBooks on iPad and on Mac to see how it looks and works
• Submit your book to the iBooks Store for sale or free download in a few simple steps
• Export your book in iBooks format to share on iTunes U or to give to others
• Export your book as a PDF file
• Mac OSX 10.7.4 or later
• 2GB of RAM
• 1.2GB of available disk space
• Keynote 6.0 or later (required for importing presentations created in Keynote 6.0)
• Pages 5.0 or later (required for importing documents created in Pages 5.0)
• iBooks for iOS 3.0 or later (required for previewing on iPad)
• iBooks for Mac 1.0 or later (required for previewing on Mac)
• iTunes Producer 2.9 (required for book publishing)
• Network Connection (required for book publishing)
What's New in Version 2.1.1
This version of iBooks Author resolves an issue where custom fonts may not properly display.
When I saw this product, I felt that it would be just great . The perfect piece of software to use to bring some of my stories and poems up to date. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have ever come across such a frustrating piece of kit in years. Simple tasks like re-ordering a page appear to be beyond me. Transferring your story to an iPad to check your work……your story syncs, but keeps on syncing old versions….you can’t check the corrections.
There doesn’t appear to be any user forum available.
One thing that would have helped me ….if I could have found an example of a Ibook Author available so that I could see the features of the software in action.
I’m not a computer novice….studies web design, java and C++ at university.
Good but you have to work at it.
This app produces what I concider to be exellent results - the ability to write and produce my own pdf’s to then save and read on the iPad for a variety of subjects (business notes and papers, music notes and lessons, a journal, a photo album) is brilliant.
But boy do you have to work at it. Anyone who is expecting an intuitive app that’s easy to use….., go for pen and paper!!
That said, it’s worth the effort and a great app once you start to get to grips with it’s features and quirks. The good news is there is plenty of help available when you get stuck.
this is one of the best designing applicatioins ive ever come across,
its really easy to use, you can analyse pages, and it does half the work for you,
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 October 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 446 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2011-2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later