Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favourite classics — day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favourite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous full-screen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colours
• Highlight your favourite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favourite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages or Mail
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page up to date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
Not as terrible as people are reviewing!!!!
It always amazes me that people pay £400 + for a device and fail to learn to use it properly and then complain about features when this can be addressed in the settings of the App or Device.
The new look is clean, it has shadows and depth so is by no means flat. Yes the minimalist look won't be to everyone's liking.
Some complain of the pages too crisp and white... Simple solution, tap the 'A' icon on the top tool bar and turn page colour to sepia!!!
Some reviewers are saying pages numbers and no. of pages left has disappeared but I have upgraded and this is not the case for me.... Still there in all my books!
Yes I agree there are a number of missing features.... Especially the ability to highlight and manage PDF's more easily.... But overall this is a slick neat and minimalist design that replaces a very dated wooden bookcase.... I never understood why on a digital device I would want a bookcase resembling wood!?
slow to update
Mentioned before how long it takes the app to permit the 'edit' function so one can move books. Just waited 10 minutes to be able to use that function, and to wait for a book I purchased earlier to appear for me to read, the book opened, closed, opened, closed before it became accessible. And then the app crashed - first time it's done that to me so possibly a one off.
But why does it take so long to be able to edit - and because the app crashed I've now got the spinning wheel again, so another 10 minute wait to continue organising my books.
I know others are saying they have had no problems, and it happens, there will always be those who have no trouble which could depend on what other apps they have, how many books in their library and how large in megabytes the library is.
Love the redesign!
Love the redesign! Was never a fan of the false wood. Don't get me wrong, it looked really cool on the retina screen, but always seemed out of place. The new floating bookshelf is awesome!
I love all the features of iBooks, but there is a reason I've only given it 4 stars; still doesn't allow you to annotate PDFs, so I need to use a third party app. This is annoying cause it means my notes and stuff aren't synced across devices like they are with iBooks (which is a extremely handy feature).
Apart from this, I love this app and are constantly using it (I don't even read story books as such. I use it too highlight and annotate epubs which is why I would love the same feature for PDF.)
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.