Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favourite classics — day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favourite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous full-screen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
Great ways to read
• Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colours
• Highlight your favourite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features
• Share thoughts about your favourite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages or Mail
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment
• Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view
• Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — such as speaking the words on a given page
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices
• Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page up to date everywhere using iCloud
• See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud on your bookshelf
Supports open standards
• iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country
• Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access
• Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
What's New in Version 3.2
iBooks has been updated with a beautiful new design for iOS 7.
JUST AWFUL AND UGGGGLY
For months I've managed to avoid updating ibooks on my iPad cause I HATE THE NEW FORMAT. Then last night I got and iOS 8 Update notice so I updated it, and what happened ibooks it now changed. To say I'm angry is putting it mildly. I'm furious with you Apple. I'm writing this from my old iPad cause I can't get to the review page in my app store now it has iOS 8 on it. When I click the app it goes straight to my bookshelf. Ha. Bookshelf it is NOT it is just a blank space with book covers. And then opening up a book to start reading, my Microsoft word document, it can no longer be called a book, is just awful. Oops did I use the M word, tough. Cause that is what it is. BORING AND BLAND. Yes I'm shouting at you. I LIKED MY WOOD LOOK BOOKSHELF AND I LIKED MY BOOK THAT LOOKED LIKE A BOOK. AT LEAST YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD THE DECENCY TO GIVE US A CHOICE LIKE I CAN CHANGE THE COLOUR OF MY PLAYING CARDS IN SPIDER. Now I'm going to read the books I have, try to anyway and then I'm NOT buying any more. Your boffins need a bit more protein and spice in there diet if this poor effort is the sum total of there imagination. Screaming now ARRRRRRR!!!!!!! DID IT MENTION I HATE IT!!!!
This app was amazing but is now garbage, with the removal of the bookshelf view you have lost that feeling of browsing the shelf to find a book to suit your mood, instead you faced with a cold u inviting app that is too impersonal and takes away the pleasure of choosing your book. Most reviews say the same thing give us back the bookshelf but does Apple listen no of course not why should they were only the customer so what do we matter? Obviously nothing at all as they have shown no interest in trying to provide customer satisfaction. I am looking at updating from my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 at the end of the year but so far I'm not planning on getting anything by apple as they are no longer anything special and in some cases have been surpassed by samsung, let's face it the revamp of ISO was nothing short of a poor attempt at copying someone else's work shame on you Apple you sad old company, at this rate you'll be a 2nd rate company just like blackberry. Why not try listening to your customers and give them what they want here's a hint BOOKSELF
Interruptions to my reading
It keeps on asking for my apple password every time I open the app. And when I open the app it shows the bookshelf then jumps to the last book I was reading automatically; I'd much rather that it didn't do that. Once it's shown me the bookshelf I might fancy reading something else, but it jumps away from it before I can open anything.
The "edit" button is always hidden by a spinning loading symbol, so I can't manage my collections in the way I want them to.
Overall, I love the selection of books in the store, the curation and layout could be better, so that it didn't take so long and didn't show a lot of bad books that don't interest me. The iBooks app is generally quite slow. It seems like Apple is ignoring this app like they do with Maps as well. Try to give us better features (like annotating PDFs) and greater stability.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 14 November 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.