iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 9.0
- Via force-touch you can now get a preview for bookmarks, history items, reading list items or downloads (on the new iPhone 6s/6s Plus).
- On the iPhone 6s/6s Plus you can get a shortcut menu via force-touch on the App icon
- New option available for the action menu to save a page as PDF natively (no third-party service required)
- The App now remembers the font size for each web site. In the "Web sites" settings you can also modify the font sizes.
- In the filter settings there's a new option to enable logging of third-party content. When activated, iCab Mobile will collect the URLs of all resources that are loaded by a web site which are coming from a thrid-party (from another domain). Within the list of these resources you can tap on an address to create a filter. This new feature will make it much easier to create filters for ads and other unwanted resources. The "i" button within this list will open a preview of the resource.
- In addition to the existing URL-based filters, there's now another CSS-based filter feature available. For these filters you create a list of CSS class and ID names for a URL (the URL can contain wildcard characters), all page elements whose CSS class or ID is among these of the filters will be hidden.
- Much better support of the "split screen" mode of iOS 9 on the iPad.
- The scrollbar can be now also activated/deactivated via gestures
- New module 'YouTube PiP' for the iPad added. This module will open videos on the YouTube site so that they can be watched using the new Picture-in-Pucture mode of iOS 9
- There's a new icon "New Tab" available that can be added to the toolbars
- Creating ZIP archives within the download manager does now require less main memory
- In the "personal data" settings you can now configure which data (URL and/or page title) you want to share when the ShareSheet is opened by the user.
- Fixes the issue with failing HTTPS connections directly after the device woke up from sleep
- Bugfix: The scrollbar no longer collides with fulscreen icons
- Bugfix: When using the split keboard on the iPad the "form fill/save" buttons were still visible on screen after the keyboard was closed
- Bugfix: The GoodReader module didn't work anymore under iOS 9
Stunningly Good - v9
The best browser for iOS!
It's light years ahead of anything else!
Tons of features that are useful for privacy, adblocks, pdf creation, whole page screen shots, file downloads, iTunes file swapping, gesture navigation, speed, tabbed browsing, file saving, sharing settings, & many more personal modifications are all possible!
Operates very quickly, browse with ads slowing you down or eating your data allowance!
A dedicated developer!
A brilliant browser!
Ever! Remarkable feature set that makes it a must have app on my iPhone and iPad. And it gets better with every update. I use it as my main browser.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 05 November 2015
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.