iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 8.11
- Supports the Split-View mode of iOS 9
- Firefox Sync will load certain data with a lower priority now, so that the user interface will remain smooth on older devices with single-core processor, even when large amounts of data needs to be loaded and processed from the Firefox servers.
- Takes the new security and privacy features of iOS 9 into account
- Solves an issue when automatically filling out forms which expect to see "keyboard events"
- If all accounts but the Admin account are switched off, the window to select an account will be skipped when possible.
- Removed the individual icons and menu items for the external password managers 1Password and Dashlane. A general "Password manager" icon and menu item will be used instead, which covers all available external password managers.
- In addition to the QR-Codes scanner via camera, the QR-Code scanner is now also available for pictures on web sites (via contextual menu).
- The Bookmarks icon will now include a "star" if the currently loaded web site is already bookmarked.
- There's a new search feature within the bookmarks (scroll to the very top of the bookmarks window to reveal the search field), which searches for bookmarks within the current bookmarks folder and all its sub-folders
- Solves an issue when scrolling with a bluetooth keyboard. A few web sites which load page elements only when these are scrolled into view did not recognize the scrolling via physical keyboard.
- Fixes an issue with the built-in "Proxy" settings
- Added new icons for the toolbars to switch to the next and previous Tabs.
- Configuring the toolbar icons and the action and contextual menus is more comfortable now. Additional buttons do allow to directly move icons from one section to another.
- Fixes issues with the "classic" design under iOS 9
- Fixes an issue with the "pasteboard" under iOS 9 if iCab is configured to automatically scan the pasteboard for URLs to open them
I am really attached to this app. There was a time when development seemed stalled, but it is now being updated and I still can't find a browser to match it. The ad blocking and gestures are superb, and there are endless useful features and options.
Don't waste your money on this rubbish. Such a mess of an app. To the developer - less is more
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 23 September 2015
- Version: 8.11
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.