iControl for iTunes
By Sami Chaudry
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iControl for iTunes is a simple app which gives you control of iTunes without the hassle of navigating to iTunes.
• Always visible on top of other windows, allowing you to control iTunes with a single mouse-click.
• Open iTunes through iControl, when iTunes is not running, press Play in iControl to open iTunes.
• Saves the visible position of the window, so every time you open iControl the window displays in the same place.
• Displays the name and artist of the track currently being played in iTunes.
• Updates the name and artist of the track currently being played as it changes in iTunes.
• Displays the current state of iTunes, whether that be playing, paused, stopped or even not running.
• Neat and compact design, to sit in corners and out of immediate view.
• Beginning of/Previous track
• Next track
• Volume slider
What's New in Version 2.0
• Complete user interface redesign.
• Custom controller colour.
• Support for track ratings.
• Option for flashing stars alert for unrated songs.
• Option to start iControl for iTunes on login.
• Option to start iTunes with iControl for iTunes.
• Option to quit iTunes with iControl for iTunes.
nice App, but falls short...
NIce app, but needs to have keypad short cuts.... and only shows first 4 words in a song!
Panel can't be widened or adapted! Wont show album cover...
I want to be able to flick to another song while working on other programmes by just hitting CNTRL and arrow.... without having to click onto a seperate control panel.
I have being nmore than happy using Gimmesome tune for last few years which does all the abovem but now seems to quit constantly... so am searching for something new.
This app seems to be ok for now, but I wish the developer would update it to all that it could be, for people who love to listen to music whiel the work.
Well worth the money!
Love the update and that i can change the colour to whatever i like :) and the rating idea is really cool..much faster than doing it from i-tunes.
VERY useful app, love how you can set it to open and close with iTunes, keep on the front, AND change the colour to suit your theme!