Just beyond the horizon sits a majestic desert, vast and unexplored.
“Apple Design Award Winner, 2018”
“The art of the perfect sequel”
– The Verge
“A true joy”
“Dramatic and driving”
“A beautiful labor of love”
– The Next Web
“Vibrant and poetic”
“A relaxing experience”
– Ars Technica
Join Alto and his friends and set off on an endless sandboarding journey to discover its secrets.
Soar above windswept dunes, traverse thrilling canyons, and explore long-hidden temples in a fantastical place far from home.
Along the way, you’ll grind across vines, bounce atop hot air balloons, ride towering rock walls, and escape mischievous lemurs – all while uncovering the desert’s many mysteries.
• A standalone experience. Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
• Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete 180 goals — all with intuitive controls.
• Explore Biomes. From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
• Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
• Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
• Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
• Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
• Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
• Original music and handcrafted audio. Headphones recommended!
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Odyssey is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases. Purchase once, play forever.
– Fixed a critical bug that would cause the game to freeze during longer runs
– Added ProMotion (120hz) support for iPad Pros (must be enabled in the in-game settings menu. Disclaimer: enabling may affect battery life)
– Various other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Even better than the original, at least in my opinion
I loved Alto’s Adventure. I played through every level collecting every character, and still played a little beyond when I’d achieved all the objectives. The only gripe I had was that often deaths occurred when you sent your character flying off a ledge, pulled off multiple backflips, sensed it was time to land, and... oh, there’s no ground, only a chasm.
In Alto’s Odyssey, I’ve experienced fewer unlucky deaths, but a slight increase in unskillful deaths, which makes it much more satisfying to play. The objectives to gain characters are all still here, as are the chases (now with lemurs rather than elders), and there’s some new gameplay thanks to added features such as wall riding, streams/pools and the mysterious radio to summon extra items to parachute from the sky. There is much more variety to the scenery and it’s more beautiful than ever.
I read a few other reviews before buying that criticised the game due to difficulty in boarding through sandstorms or night - but whilst this is harder than when it’s sunny and daytime, I never felt that I couldn’t see things to control them - it gives it variety, and the game doesn’t throw this at you too often anyway.
Having played the sequel, I can’t see myself going back and playing the first version again. I suppose this is the best recommendation I can give it - I love it, it’s money well spent, and in my mind at least it’s an all around improvement :)
I think I’ll just do one more slope
An amazing sequel, I does show how they have built upon the previous game, with new abilities and environments.
However while this is still a beautiful game I don’t find it has jaw dropping as the first. There I could stop any where with any weather and I could screenshot it. Here, I find myself ignoring it, and I think it is the weather. Both sandstorms and rainstorms wash out the colour and the contrast, it gets to the point where I restart the app to get back to blue skys. I understand that there needs to be change and rain is apart of all three environments but it is detrimental to gameplay, perhaps more light on the ground, this could preserve the atmosphere that is part of the game put allow the player to see the course in these situations.
I will summarise that this is a wonderful game, I remove a star for the above issue but it does not deserve to lose more than that. Thank for not have micro transactions. I wish you good luck with this and all your future games that I hope to be playing.
More of the same
Being a sequel and considering the price, I would have thought there would much more in terms of content. More things to unlock, more play styles, different options etc. It's almost like the first game but with a few tweaks and a different backdrop and skin. Can't imagine much effort went to this. Quite a few infuriating moments too. Slow mo coming in at bad times, randomisation of the tracks can more often than not provide you with very unfortunate runs to an end or for annoying reasons that feel out of your control. You may be having a great run, then all of a sudden the track decides to flatten out for ages with no option to pick up speed, then the lemur catches up to you, finishing your game.
I would suggest - a few extra bonus upgrades. A boost power up that can be used when you want, like the wingsuit. Rocks maybe a lighter colour as they can be hard to spot especially when the foreground and background all blend into one. This feels like Altos Adventure 1.5 more than a sequel. Developers- Up your game please. DELETED
- 144.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Team Alto
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.