The Nintendo Switch Online app is designed to help enhance your online gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch™. With this app, you can use voice chat while gaming and can check game information even when you're not playing!
◆ Using voice chat while gaming
More games now support voice chat via this app! You can enjoy voice chat in different ways depending on the type of game you're playing. Chat with everyone in your room or split voice chat into teams and have it out head-to-head!
*In order to use this service, Nintendo Switch software that supports this app is required. You can view a list of currently supported software within the Nintendo Switch Online app.
*More software titles that support voice chat are planned to be added in the future.
◆ Game-specific services
You can use game-specific services to check all sorts of information, including details about ranking, stats and more!
● A Nintendo Switch console and supported software are required to use the service.
● A paid membership to Nintendo Switch Online is required to use online play on Nintendo Switch (some software excluded).
● You must have a Nintendo Account for ages 13 and up in order to use the service.
● In addition to Nintendo Switch friends, this app can also match you with acquaintances from social networks.
● Permanent internet connection required for use.
● May contain advertisements and product placement.
- Various issues are now resolved.
- Made it so that more software titles can support voice chat.
- Various improvements have been made for performance and ease of use.
Ratings and Reviews
A great addition to splatoon 2
This app is great to have if you are really into splatoon 2. First I’ll get the one and only negative thing about the app and that’s voice chat. You can only use it in a splatoon 2 lobby so most people would just end up using Skype or discord over this as you can use those while playing any game. Now that that’s out of the way I’ll talk about the positives. It’s really helpful by showing the times that different stages are on, so if I wanted to play a specific ranked mode for example I’d check what time it starts and play splatoon 2 at that time. Also because you can check what stages are currently there you can choose your weapon based on the maps there are and come up with a good strategy before you’ve even loaded your switch. The shop is an amazing feature because not only does it add a 4th clothing shop but the gear that is sold here will have different abilities to the ones you can get in the game which is great because if you want to build perfect gear you have even more options for what clothes you use. It also keeps track of your battle stats so you can look back and see what weapons you did good with.
So if you have splatoon 2 this app is a must have.
Yeah. I got a switch this Xmas and saw this app. I don't have Splatoon 2 ._. Also, ppl aren't gonna pay for that Nintendo. I have game recommendations though, for example, Rayman Adventures: Definitive Edition. This game could really do with a thing where you could invite friends to play. Yeah really this is recommendations for the actual console. Update the switch so you can cross-play on the consoles (not joy-sticks) with your friends and play your game with them without paying for the game just to play with them. Yeah nobody will buy this Nintendo. Its really not worth it. People will just use FaceTime or whatever. Just a hint, make more options! Not everyone has Splatoon 2! Also, why isn't voice chat built in?! On things like that - which costs loads anyway - we should have that simple necessity ._.
Nintendo Switch Online app is an app made by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch for some of the games. Such as Splatoon 2.
HOW TO USE
To Invite players i.e on Splatoon 2;
1. Enter the lobby or Grizzco in Splatoon 2 from your Nintendo Switch console, then select Online Lounge.
2. Create A Room.
3. Invite friends using a smart device.
Now you can enjoy voice chat on your own 📱!
To accept a Friend game invitation, just go onto the apps main menu, then go onto “Invitation List”
To change and view your account settings, just tap on the button that’s on the top right on the main menu.
But although you can invite other people to other games!
Once you’re invited to a room, and if you join it, you can only play the same game. Or in another ways, all the people that are in the chat room, can only play the same game, otherwise if a player closes the game, they’ll leave the chat room/party
- Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.