Nintendo Switch Online
By Nintendo Co., Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Nintendo Switch Online app is designed to help enhance your online gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch™. With this app, you can check game-specific services, invite friends to play with you via social networks and use voice chat while gaming.
◆ Do you play Splatoon 2? If so, you can make use of the dedicated SplatNet 2 service!
You can use SplatNet 2 to check all sorts of vital battle-related information, including details about stages, ranking, stats and more! You can also check your clear rate and the total turf you inked in battle.
◆ Inviting friends via social networks
You can invite friends to play with you in supported games via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Of course, you can invite your Nintendo Switch friends, too!
◆ Using voice chat while gaming
You can enjoy voice chat in different ways depending on the type of game you're playing. Chat with everyone in your room or split voice chat into teams and have it out head-to-head!
*In order to use these services, Nintendo Switch software that supports this app is required. Currently, the only software that supports this app is Splatoon 2.
● You can try this app for free until the launch of the full, paid version of the Nintendo Switch Online membership service in 2018.
● Following the full release of the service, a paid membership will be required to continue using this app. You will also need to update the app.
● A Nintendo Switch console and supported software are required to use the service.
● You must have a Nintendo Account for ages 13 and up in order to use the service.
● In addition to Nintendo Switch friends, this app can also match you with acquaintances from social networks.
● Permanent internet connection required for use.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Voice chat will now continue when other apps are opened.
- Voice chat will now continue during sleep mode.
- Other issues are now resolved.
Why does this exist?
As always, Nintendo has proven it either doesn’t understand Online gaming or maybe just doesn’t care. Having a mobile app for game chat is madness. What if I want all the game sounds and chat going through headphones?
Also, I’m not entirely against this app within an app approach with the Splatoon companion (the Splatoon companion is the one reason it’s not one star), but where’s the Mario Kart support? At the minute this app is pretty much just a container for a small Splat app.
I really don’t get why chat support was not built into the Switch and I’d be shocked if anyone will be willing to pay for this service next year.
Very good app
I’m so gonna but for online next year since I love playing on your consoles Nintendo. I hope to see more from you in the future and maybe even beyond then 1080p60fps
The app is amazingly set up and very convenient for the online functionality for the switch; of course this is the BETA but it looks very promising :)
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 31 October 2017
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- © 2017 Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.