Juno is a client app for Jupyter, an interactive cloud-based computational environment, where you can combine code execution, rich text, mathematics, plots and rich media.
When you write code in Juno, the actual computing is happenning on a remote Jupyter server, giving you access to virtually unlimited computational resources from your iPhone or iPad. Juno lets you connect to your own Jupyter server, or use cloud computing services, such as CoCalc and Azure Notebooks.
Jupyter Notebook has support for over 40 programming languages, including Python, R, Julia and Scala.
• Produce rich output with your code: HTML, images, videos, LaTeX, and custom MIME types, all wrapped into a single notebook file.
• Leverage big data tools, such as Apache Spark, from Python, R and Scala. Explore that same data with pandas, scikit-learn, ggplot2, TensorFlow.
JUNO FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Optimizing Jupyter for iOS, Juno delivers a full-featured code editor experience and a complete development environment on your iPhone or iPad.
• Use all familiar Jupyter shortcuts with your external hardware keyboard.
• Launch Juno in Split-screen mode alongside other apps on iPad. Run notebooks with documentation, terminal, or other code editor in front of you.
• Get code completion suggestions for your programming language as you type, powered by your Jupyter Notebook server's kernel.
• Try Jupyter without any preliminary configuration. We have bundled introductory notebooks on Python, Matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy — and will keep adding more!
This is a minor update that fixes Azure Notebooks integration, making sure your notebooks always open in the notebook editor. More substantial update coming soon, with more fixes and new features!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is meaningless
Jupyter notebook has a web based front end. You can connect to your Jupyter notebook server directly in Safari. This app does not provide anything extra beside a sleeker look. It also lacks in features compared to the full interface in web. For example, in the use of Azure notebook, there is no way to download or upload files from the server in the app while you can in Safari.
I think this app should at least provide the same functionalities to compete with Safari.
Developer Response ,
Juno provides a lot on top of what Safari has to offer: its user interface is optimised for touch devices and mobile screens, Juno has full hardware keyboard support (including Jupyter shortcuts), as well as extended onscreen keyboard for code editing. Juno provides code completion driven by your server's kernel, which is not available in Safari, and much more. As per Azure Notebooks integration — this service is still in preview, so unfortunately there are only so many things that we can integrate with them at this stage.
Either way, we're sorry you don't see much value in Juno, so feel free to request a refund if you purchased Juno Pro. But we truly hope you will reconsider and give it another shot at some point! Also, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions or feature requests.
Finally on the iPhone!!!
I can finally use Jupyter on my iPad! Having access on iPhone is usefull too, although probably something I won’t use much. Since Jupyter is barely usable in iPad’s Safari, Juno is a HUGE improvement to my workflow, and is totally worth the investment.
More useful than you think
Finally an app to do all my notebooks while taking a dump. Sweet!
- Rational Matter Ltd
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Rational Matter Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Juno Pro £10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.