The spellings app aims to help your child succeed in learning their spellings. Spellings are an important part of your Childs learning and development, and this app helps them to become proficient at getting their spellings correct.
• Create spelling lists by typing them in or dictating them with voice recognition
• View, edit, share and manage your lists from the main screen by swiping on a list item
• Change the default voice that the app uses in Settings
• Practise your spellings by clicking on a spelling list from the main screen. The app will dictate the spelling and you should type in what you think is the correct spelling of that word. The words are randomised from the list that you entered. You get three attempts to spell each word correctly before the app moves on.
• Saved results. The app saves the results of the last 10 completed attempts that you did for each spelling list so that you can go back and compare how your learning has improved. Swipe on a list on the main menu and select History.
• Share your lists. You can share your spelling lists with friends by swiping a list on the main screen and selecting Share. You have complete control how you share so you control your security and privacy. Using Airdrop you can beam the list directly to a friends phone where it can be opened directly into the Spellings app so that they can learn the same list.
Your privacy and data is important to us, we do not track anything from the app, no data is sent to any servers that we have access to, and you have full control over your privacy.
All data is stored within the app itself. If you delete the app all the data is removed. You may share lists with other users, but you control how you share those lists using the standard Apple sharing options, including Airdrop.
All data in the app is created by you and the app does not ask for any personal information or require a login.
The app does have the option to allow you to dictate your spelling lists to the app. Microphone permission will be required for this feature. Dictation uses the Apple Speech framework backed by Siri. Audio data may be sent to Apples servers for processing, but only when you enable the dictation feature. No audio data is used by the app itself, only so that the Speech framework can convert your speech to text. This feature and service is backed by Apples standard security and privacy policies. Please visit the Apple website for more details.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.