By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore.
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
What's New in Version 9.0.1
With iOS 9 Apple have made big changes to search, meaning that you can now find Shazam songs and artists straight from your iPhone home screen. Simply swipe down from your home screen, search for your favourite song or artist and the result will launch you directly into the Shazam app. Discovering new music is THAT easy.
For those of you with a shiny new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus, you’ll be delighted to know that Shazam is already 3D Touch-enabled! Just press firmly on the Shazam app icon, and you’ll have a shortcut to start Shazaming immediately—so you can now name that tune in one less tap.
But wait, there’s more:
• We’ve improved our Bluetooth support for easier listening. If you play music while connected over Bluetooth and then Shazam it, we’ll name the song and then continue playback over Bluetooth.
• We fixed an issue affecting some Rdio and Spotify users who incorrectly received a message about changes to their subscription. Nobody likes that!
• Thank you for bringing an issue with VoiceOver to our attention! You should now be able to get access to the tab bar and news feed again. We’ve also updated some of the Accessibility labels to make navigation easier. To start Shazaming, use the two-finger Magic Tap, or navigate to the Shazam button on the tab bar.
Beware!! Its NOT always right...!!
Whilst listening to record, I tested the track to see the background info on the artist, the track being "Melody Maker" by Pepe Jaramillo. The three results (not including the 2 unrecognised results gave firstly, something unintelligible in Japanese (I think!) and next Diana Ross, "It's hard to say" and finally "Boomer's Story" by Ry Cooder!
On the whole with mainstream stuff it works fine. I'd go with the free version and be happy...
Also - it used to be much faster. Now it hangs about, loading adverts etc which means you're "locked out" of using it - by which time the moment has passed and you missed the track. I've pretty much stopped using it.
Watch Needs Work
I've been using Shazam since quite literally DAY 1 it was ever released and I still love it's ease of use today. First Gen Watch extension needs work on speed and not to tell me what's playing on my iPhone or through my headphones when in the gym. There's simply nothing better than Shazam.
Apple Music shortcut not working
Although the new 3D Touch shortcut is great, the button to "Listen on Music" doesn't work, just redirects to the music app but doesn't actually bring up the song. As I use Apple Music a lot, this would be helpful if you could get it to actually work.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 26 September 2015
- Version: 9.0.1
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2015 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade From (Shazam)REDFree