Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Make every video more memorable
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Add a video filter, animated title and soundtrack to any clip
• Instantly save new video clips to your photo library
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
**4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
***AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
• Create and share movies at 4K resolution on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1*
• Fixes an issue that could prevent users from creating new trailers in some languages
• Resolves issues importing and removing projects from iCloud Drive
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in some right-to-left languages
• Addresses interface issues that could appear in iMovie extension for Photos
• Performance and stability improvements
* iMovie supports 4K on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro
needs more music and music needs to be longer than a minute
This app is great for editing on the go on any apple product but if I had to say something that needs to improve is the choice of music that you can use actually through the app there is not many to choose from and the ones that the app does have are very short longest one is just over 1 minutes so if u want music playing in the back ground of a video that is 4 minutes long you are forced to ether have 4 different prices of music which some of them just don't work well together or just have the same song on repeat which just makes it very repetitive and ruins all your hard work that you have done to make the video is let down but such a small thing that can easily be fix so if iMovie can just add more music this app would be perfect.
Really good at video but audio........
I find the simplicity of the video really good. But the audio is a problem. I took a time lapse video which runs for 42 seconds. I have a song in my iTunes library that I want to add but I only want the last 42 seconds. I can't find anyway to do it. iMovie just wants to start the music from the beginning and cut it off after the video has finished. This does seem to be a problem with other audio editors as I have downloaded 4 now and none of them can do this simple task !
If you just want a quick editor then this excellent-especially for free. But final cut it isn't, I'm afraid.
4K on 6s exported on iMac BEAUTIFUL
Brilliant. 4K is now supported on the iPad Air 2 (when updated to iOS 9.1) that's a very welcome addition thanks Apple as I necessarily won't be getting the iPad Pro. Now with the iPhone 6s I can record beautiful 4K video and export it to an iMac to view beautifully at its full resolution which is great instead of buying a 4K television which is overpriced and doesn't justify the purchase over a standard 1080p television. Stability is better and much faster on the 6s thanks!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 22 October 2015
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 647 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013-2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.