By Blip Interactive Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NanoStudio is a recording studio for iOS, OS X and Windows. It has virtual analogue synths, sample trigger pads, a comprehensive sequencer, a sample editor, a mixer and multiple effects all integrated into a single application.
Record your ideas in real time, mix synth layers with samples, compose and arrange your tune using the powerful sequencer and bring the mix alive with effects such as reverb, compression and EQ. Share your tune on SoundCloud from wherever you are or use the comprehensive audio mixdown options and MIDI export feature to get your ideas over to your desktop DAW when you get back home.
NanoStudio's intuitive user interface frees you to get creative yet has loads of depth for when you need it. To try it out head on over to our website where you can download the OS X and Windows versions for free!
Up to 6 simultaneous instruments (including mixer) or upgrade with the '16 Instrument Tracks' in-app purchase, particularly recommended for newer devices.
'Eden', a powerful 16 voice subtractive synth with dual oscillators, 2 pole resonant filter, 3 envelope generators and 4 LFO's per voice and 2 dedicated insert effects. Eden's virtual patchbay lets you hook up almost anything for modulation mayhem.
The 'TRG-16', a performance pad for triggering samples. Adjust pitch, pan, volume and envelopes and assign each sample to one of the 3 output busses, each with its own effect sends and filter setup.
Record samples with the built-in mic (iPod Touch requires external mic), resample NanoStudio's own output or upload your own samples using NanoSync for OS X/Windows. Edit your samples using NanoStudio's built-in wave editing tools (with multiple undo/redo) and process them offline with custom effects chains.
Record performances in real-time using the keys and trigger pads or create patterns and controller sweeps by drawing them in the piano roll editor. Arrange your patterns into a complete song using the track editor. You can edit while the song is playing and every operation has multiple undo/redo.
Nanostudio's mixer has 2 global effects sends, 4 insert effects per channel and you can record, edit and playback all your fader and pan changes. When you're ready to share your mix with others you can upload it direct to SoundCloud or use NanoSync to copy the exported .wav file to your Mac/PC.
NanoStudio's reverb, compressor, parametric EQ, waveshaper, delay, chorus, and bitcrusher effects are all highly optimized so you can run lots of them.
FEATURE SHORTLIST (loads more at www.blipinteractive.co.uk/specifications.php)
* 6 simultaneous instruments, up to 16 with in-app purchase
* MIDI input with the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, Akai SynthStation 25 and Core MIDI
* Audio copy/paste for sharing audio with other compatible apps (Sonoma and Intua standards supported)
* Upload your mix directly to SoundCloud
* Eden synth (also plays samples) - single or dual keyboards, XY controllers, pitch bend and accelerometer control
* TRG-16 sample trigger pads
* Sequencer with up to 64 tracks and a piano roll editor for note, velocity and controller events, all with undo/redo
* Mixer with 4 inserts per channel, 2 global send busses and volume/pan automation on every channel
* Sampling and resampling, sample editor and effects processor with undo/redo
* Transfer samples, final mixes and individual track mixdowns to your Mac/PC using NanoSync
* Send projects, samples and MIDI files as email attachments
* Built in help
Support for Akai Pro's SynthStation25 keyboard controller is included. SynthStation25 delivers instant hardware control for improved performance capability and expression. For more information on SynthStation25, visit http://www.synthstationapp.com.
What's New in Version 1.43
* Fixed a bug with the reverb unit (bug introduced in V1.42)
Not that useful for recording a MIDI instrument
My use case is that I want a quick and convenient way to record a performance from a MIDI keyboard that I can then later put into Logic Pro or similar. To do this I need Nano Studio to be able to do a few simple things:
* Record MIDI (Nano can do this, but it is far from intuitive. You are going to spend time reading the manual and experimenting with different options before you get it to work)
* Set the tempo (Nano can do this)
* Set the time signature (Yes and no. If your time signature is 2/4 to 7/4, you are OK. My case was 3/8 and that isn’t supported)
* Have a metronome tick (Yes, but if you can’t set the right time signature, then the ticks won’t be right)
* Play back the performance, AKA MIDI out (Nano doesn’t support this, so you can’t replay your performance and can’t check if it is good enough or not)
So for my use case Nano Studio wasn’t any use. I’m still forced to plug a laptop into a MIDI keyboard just to capture a performance.
No more tinkering and fiddling - create full tracks in one app
This app should be better promoted - it is a powerful sequencer, sampler and synth, capable of creating fully realised tracks. No need to fiddle around synchronising, linking and exporting/importing - create everything in this app. If you did want to mix and master in, say, Logic, you can export midi files and separate audio tracks for full flexibility. A great app that should be top of any musician's mobile wish list.
Brilliant app but unfortunately filter cutoff is broken
I love this app, it is brilliant and having access to so many features on an iPhone or a tablet is really priceless. The Eden Synth is in itself a good reason to buy the app. There is however a small bug which avoids the filter cutoff setting to work properly if ever you want to change the filter type. This makes the whole app useless in some ways. Kindle the bug is fixed this is the greatest iOS workstation out there without any doubt.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 21 September 2013
- Version: 1.43
- Size: 73.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Blip Interactive Ltd
- © 2010 Blip Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 16 Instrument Tracks£2.99