mobileAgent - for FreeAgent, IRIS Openbooks and My Business Works
By Big Ted Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss billable work because you forgot to record it.
Record your mileage while still in your car (or on your bike).
Create an invoice and send it to the client before you leave the building.
Submit that lunch expense - including the receipt - before you leave the restaurant.
Get in, log your data, and get on with making money.
"App is great and other than when doing my numbers etc rarely log in to FreeAgent doing most of it on the train." - Martin Chard, Cerdren
"a lovely little application that give iOS users the ability to do a bunch of their accounting work while on the road" - Ben Kepes, diversity.net.nz
Now you can access your FreeAgent account on your iPhone or iPod Touch using mobileAgent - the mobile client for FreeAgent, one of the UK’s best online accounting solutions.
NOTE: you must already be a FreeAgent user to use this application. mobileAgent also works with Iris Openbooks, My Business Works and other FreeAgent / IRIS Openbooks resellers.
If you are a My Accountant Friend customer, look for My Accountant Friend 2 - it's mobileAgent customised for your accountant!
With mobileAgent you can:
• NEW: Create invoices on your phone, and send them to the client on the spot.
• Enter timeslips: Either by adding a new task to a project, or logging time against an existing task. Add comments to your timeslips so you can recall what you did on the day.
• Log mileage: It handles all allowed forms of transport (car, motorcycle, bicycle), so you can reclaim and rebill your mileage. (Units for Mileage are based on your FreeAgent settings. mobileAgent just records a number)
• Expense tracking. Just paid for lunch? Record the expense in FreeAgent from your table. No need to remember to do it when you get back to the office. You can even take a photo of your receipt and submit that with the expense.
• Bill entry: Received a bill and want to keep track of when it's due? You can now add the bill into FreeAgent as easily as you can with an Expense. Works with recurring bills, too!
• Receipt capture. Take a photo of your receipt, and upload it to Dropbox or send it via email, so you can use it when reconciling your bank statement at the end of the month.
• All attached images can be uploaded to Dropbox or saved to the phone's photo library.
• View outstanding, overdue or draft invoices, email invoices, and mark draft invoices sent / sent invoices as draft.
• See what your bank balances are (at last update) and the last 30 days of transactions, as well as having easy access to your sort code / account number, IBAN and BIC codes. Also works with credit cards and paypal accounts.
• Enter items while you're offline: Enter things when you remember – even while underground or on a plane. Sync back to FreeAgent next time you're connected.
• I am not able to reply to comments here - please go to the support page if you have a suggestion or problem.
mobileAgent works with iPhone (5, 4S, 4, 3GS) and iPod Touch (4th/5th generation) with iOS 5.1 or better. Can be used on the iPad, but is not designed for it.
mobileAgent can be used with all FreeAgent account types - UK, US and Universal. Also works with IRIS OpenBooks and other FreeAgent resellers. You need at least "Contacts and Projects" level of security to use mobileAgent.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
* [BUG] When adding a timeslip, the contact name is not shown, which makes it hard to see who it's for if you have 100x "Consulting" projects. Fixed.
Great app - first time ever my accounts are up to date
Likes: uploading receipt images to expenses, entering mileage and time slips at the time so I don't forget later, being able to see how much the current vat liability is, downloading bank statements so the bank is (nearly) automatically reconciled.
Would be useful to have option to enter start and end times so chargeable time was calculated automatically.
I find this App a great help to input details on the hoof. Would like to be able to interrogate my accounts but understand this would produce its own security issues. Would recommend to anyone to at least try for a while to understand how it works and then make use of it.
Gone are the hours agonising over scraps of paper, trying to reconcile to diaries, feeling guilty that my Accountant was going to go ape! All entered live and despatched immediately to update accounting system. Ace!
- Category: Business
- Updated: 02 December 2013
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Big Ted Ltd
- © 2013 Big Ted Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.