Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.15.2
- Crashes and hanging related to iCloud syncing.
- Crash when setting up Dropbox syncing with Passcode/Touch ID enabled.
- Various Passcode and Touch ID improvements.
- Black screen in Day One after tapping "Create New Entry" button in the Today Extension.
- Crash when adding photos from a shared photo album.
- Incorrect date label above photos in Today Extension.
- Crash related to share options when exporting PDFs.
DAY ONE SUPPORT
If you need technical assistance, including incidences of data loss, the Day One Support team is ready to help: http://bit.ly/DayOneSupport.
Well worth the investment.
A fine app, well thought out and properly put together. This app really does make you want to write a daily journal and keep it up to date.
I did have one little worry however, after keeping the journal for a few weeks I needed to search for something and could not find a way to do a search! However, like anything, it's easy when you know how. You just need to go to the timeline, touch the month & year and pull down slightly. Type a few letters of your search and the search begins. Simple.
Easily combine photos and social media posts into your journal too.
Fantastic app wish I had found it years ago.
One of the best apps I've ever used. Slick, styling, well thought out, easy to use, no bugs experienced yet. I was initially looking for a diary to track food I cook and eat (recipe apps and Evernote are over engineered for this process), and I stumbled across Day One. With the easy tagging (and critically generating tag-filtered pdfs) it really does work for this purpose. But actually the app has incentivised me to keep a proper traditional diary, which I'm doing regularly and easily. 4 quid feels a bit steep initially, after a few days, if you like to keep track of what you do and think without too much faff, it's a good price. Less than a notepad and pen from a newsagents.
Suggestion: Let me place my images?
I regret never capturing the priceless utterances of my own children. Now, there are lots of grandchildren and life is rich with their quotes and stories. This time around, carpe diem!
Thanks to Day One working seamlessly across iPad/iPhone/MBP it's easy to document their brilliant antics, practically in real-time. The ability to add time-stamped geolocated images adds to the fun and creates a treasure trove of memories as they grow and develop. I also use it professionally for capturing my reflections for my CPD portfolio.
It would be great if I could place images in the narrative so that text flows around the images. It's fair to say that I am truly delighted with this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 02 December 2014
- Version: 1.15.2
- Size: 30.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.