Day One (Journal / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
APP OF THE WEEK SALE EXTENDED!
20% OFF the Mac version of Day One until July 17th.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.14.1
- Tumblr sharing now supported in Publish.
- Train/metro icon for motion activity.
- Eliminated crash when trying to use Publish features.
- Deleted entries don't reappear in timeline when sync is disabled. (Note: There will still be some cases where deleted entries might reappear when using syncing, but this is by design to avoid accidental data loss.)
- Improved search for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other multi-byte characters.
- Fixed timeline crashes.
- Photos don't hide in landscape mode.
- Performance improvements.
- We won an Apple Design Award!
This is exactly what I was looking for - and more! Packed with useful features, but still simple and intuitive to use. Looks attractive too. Very impressed, would recommend to anyone.
One feature I'm really impressed with is the ability export a date range of your choice to a PDF. This means I can send myself a file with all the entries from a day, or a month, or whatever, attractively laid out - including pictures - in date order.
One feature it seems to lack is the ability to allow multiple photos to be uploaded in one entry. I know this is in the works, and once it's available this app will get five stars from me.
Not many apps are used daily but this one is. I love being able to save a month as a PDF and upload to Dropbox and so I can archive and read anywhere.
I use it to write trip reports on the fly (exhibitions, customer calls, service calls, meeting notes) tag them properly, then export to PDF and it's on my desk computer when I'm back.
To those saying you can't take multiple photos... That's true but you don't need to be limited by these guys. I use BatchResizer to compress the photos then compose on InstaCollage then have total control on what photos I want attached. I know its clumsy but my world doesn't collapse cos a programmer's not added a certain feature.
I hate that the iPhone only saves HR photos. It's not necessary. I just want an aide memoire and this does it well.
Do try to improve but I'm already increasing my productivity in leaps and bounds with this.
Great App, few tweaks needed
Very stylish and simple interface, the tutorial was easy to understand but more information could be provided regarding some of the buttons, like exactly how to insert headers. I love the flexibility of being able to write as short or as long as you want to at the time. Something which could be changed would be allowing the user to upload multiple photos on a single journal entry, and also enabling the user to attach links to videos, articles etc when writing an entry. Thanks for making such a great app!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 23 June 2014
- Version: 1.14.1
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.