Gmail – email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings you the best of Gmail, with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Be notified of new emails fast, with notification centre, badge and lock-screen options
- Search through all your emails quickly – now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your emails with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type, from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations directly from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts directly from the app
- Organise your emails by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customise emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.4.0
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Unhappy with Gmail App
I was hoping that it would replicate more like what is on the PC/laptop version -plus more - but the only thing it does different to my iPhone mail icon is sort into primary, social etc.
It really needs a "mark ALL" functionality instead of having to delete endless discount emails on each & every one!!
It gives you a chance to sync to your contacts - just the once - I was accidentally nudged on accepting giving access & clicked "no" & now not even in "settings" can I change this!!
I was hoping settings was going to let me do email "rules" I've set which emails from which senders I could have go to primary, social etc, but it doesn't do I've got a whole load of stuff in primary I don't want to see in there.
Gmail app really needs to step up to the plate & offer options for filtering & rule setting like such things as sandbox app to really heat up the competition!! Come Google what you going to do to email to make it better - as this app is : same old same old & not synonymous with the front leading tech company you proclaim to be??
Gmail app on iPhone
Gmail app is very good on iPhone, email works much better than Apple mail (sorry Apple it's true) less issue 'error' messages, only found issue so far is categorising email under tabs ie Social, Finance, Purchases doesn't really work and sometimes if you have multiple folders it's a little more difficult to file the email but on the whole I recommend Gmail email rather than Apple on an iPhone. If you're reading this; have a great day in every way and live your dreams, no-one else will do it for you, focus, be your own champion and that's how you get to be as big as Google or Apple, hugs from Jody - aServiceAngel :)
Poor, especially attachments 'feature'
Meh, it's not great by any means and now Microsoft Outlook is on iOS be I see no reason to use this app anymore. It has many issues. For example, it doesn't reflow text well like the stock mail app so on many emails you have to keep scrolling sideways. Also when you forward a mail with an attachment and edit it, the mail is forwarded without the attachment, quote annoying.
The 'attach from google drive' function they've added is useless too because many people don't have a google account or have firewalls that block it at work, so you can't rely on this to ever work. It shows poor customer understanding from google that it doesn't give you an option to actually attach the file rather than link it, and so this feature is unusable for me. Thankfully Outlook lets you attach files properly.
Overall the interface isn't as slick as Outlook. It's more a web like experience than an app like experience, with separate windows for writings emails etc.
And lastly I've run out of space for gmail and gdrive but can't upgrade as google wallet doesn't work. I sent a support request over a month ago - no reply. Great! So now I have to find a new mail and online drive service too. Thanks for nothing google.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 January 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.