By Hargreaves Lansdown
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The UK’s biggest investment platform in the palm of your hand.
Follow the markets and manage your investments on the move with the all-new app from HL. Fast, easy-to-use and packed with the features you’ve been asking for.
Easy account management
• Turn on Touch ID login for fast, secure access to your portfolio
• See the family’s accounts all in one place with linked accounts
• Top up your account or withdraw money on the go
Faster, simpler trading
• Stay up to date with free live UK share prices (HL clients only)
• Trade thousands of UK shares & bonds, and over 2,500 funds
• Trade overseas shares from Europe, the US and Canada
• Set stop loss & limit orders so you don’t miss trading opportunities
Discover investment opportunities
• Track your favourite investments or create virtual portfolios with watchlists
• Access improved fund and share factsheets with more data and insight than ever before
• View full FTSE 100 and other UK indices, plus global index levels including Dow Jones, NASDAQ and Nikkei 225. Plus major commodity and currency markets
• Read the latest research from HL’s team of investment experts plus global market reports, newspaper round-ups and insight
• Get the business and economic headlines from the world’s leading new outlets with HL Newsroom
Investments can fall in value as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest. Tax rules can change and any reliefs depend on your circumstances.
The HL app requires iOS 8.3 and higher.
Have questions, problems or feedback? Please get in touch at email@example.com
Hargreaves Lansdown is a FTSE 100 company and the UK’s number 1 platform for private investors. For more than 35 years we have helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments. Our services include fund and share dealing, Stocks & Shares ISA, pensions (SIPP), retirement services, financial advice and more. Find out more on our website www.hl.co.uk
Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Ltd, One College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register number 115248. Registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 1896481.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Updates to several areas:
• Logging in is now even quicker with only one tap to access accounts for those using touch ID
• Searching for funds is easier with the addition of popular managers and our Wealth 150
Also includes performance improvements and minor bug fixes including:
• A display issue with historic Newsroom articles
• A login crash experienced by some users
• Watchlist values not updating for some users.
Some basic usability things
Better than the old one which was awful and the Touch ID is quick for valuations. Main gripe is that a lot of it has not been though through for small screens and older eyes. The date of last update is something like red out of dark blue which looks cool for is barely readable. Black out of white with same font would be ok. Also the prices and not live which given that I can get live prices on google who I pay nothing seems odd. Probably more of a general HL thing but sometimes funds are updated by 8pm and other times it takes until the next morning. Should be easy with links to the fund providers.
Doesn't work properly
I have live prices enabled, and the summary total values don't tie up to the actual values when you go into each account. Furthermore, tapping on a share only briefly shows the percentage increase or decrease before reporting back to 0.0% for the day. Daily charts are generally no longer available either, where they were before (although the way the information was shown was not very useful anyway-for example the previous day's close was not shown compare to the current, high and low prices). This app seems to be getting worse with each update. Please fix the bugs that you're introducing
Very good update
The new app is a real step forward from a user interface design perspective. The addition of Touch ID is excellent. Overall very impressed, highly recommended! I held back 1 star not because there is anything wrong with what has been delivered but because I think there are areas that still need further development e.g. making it easier to view the Wealth 150 funds, by sector etc