By Future plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – GET OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY!***
Prog is the only music magazine solely devoted to progressive music in all its many guises.
Prog rock has undergone such a renaissance in the past three years it now forms a major and respected part of rock music as a whole, its influence ranging from as far as the original practitioners like Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis and co through ‘80s standard bearers like Marillion and Asia through to the progressive movers and shakers of today; bands such as Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater, Muse and Radiohead, The Mars Volta and Coheed & Cambria.
Prog reflects this in its broad coverage of the genre. In any one issue you can find an old master like Mike Oldfield, Keith Emerson or Steve Hackett sharing their thoughts whilst young guns like Pain Of Salvation, Anathema, Touchstone or The Reasoning are outing forward their own case for creating a modern slant on the genre.
Packed to the hilt with informative and entertaining interviews with prog musicians old and new and with the most comprehensive reviews and news section a prog fan could possibly hope for, Prog has consistently proved since its inception in January 2009 that it serves prog rock fans every need.
****Note: This digital edition does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with printed copies****
The terms of subscription are 1 month and 1 year and your subscription will start with the latest available issue.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £2.99 / $4.99 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49/ $3.99 / €3.59
1 year £27.99 / $39.99 / €35.99
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
What's New in Version 3.6.2
"This update includes behind the scenes improvements to our app storefront. A tweaked aesthetic has been introduced to help navigation and the overall experience.
• Improvements to your 'Library’
• Performance enhancements
• Bug fixes"
A genre of music emerging from and associated with the early 70s has a reputation of being fey, long-winded and pompous but it's combination of Jazz, Folk, Rock and Classical music has behind it some of the most audacious, challenging, original and inspiring compositions in the history of modern music played by some of the greatest and most creative musicians in the world. Prog Rock as it's name suggests is progressive and forward thinking and Prog Rock Magazine expertly charts it's progress from its roots on up to the present day. Articles and interviews with classic bands and musicians of the 60s and 70s and on through the years to musicians of the present day. It covers definitive Prog albums that shaped the genre and gave rise to new young bands still flying the Prog Rock flag. An informative and fascinating read.
Great read, lots of interesting stuff on both well known & little known progressive acts. Well worth the outlay.
Informative and enjoyable despite the price
- Category: Music
- Updated: 04 February 2014
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Future Publishing Ltd.
- © Future Publishing Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Classic Rock Presents Prog Subscriptions£2.49
- Classic Rock Prog 45£2.99
- Classic Rock Presents Prog Subscriptions£27.99
- Classic Rock Presents Prog Subscriptions£8.99
- Classic Rock Prog 29£2.99
- Classic Rock Prog 24£2.99
- Classic Rock Prog 44£2.99
- Classic Rock Prog 31£2.99
- Classic Rock Prog 35£2.99
- Classic Rock Prog 33£2.99