By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo. It works between Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network, or iOS apps on the same device. Just turn it on in Settings to get started! http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.6.2
This minor update makes Loopy use the iPhone's front mic for audio input when no headphones are used, which produces better sound isolation from playing audio. It also addresses a few minor bugs.
The original (classic) looper! 🐨
If you need help using this then you should seek guidance (there are instructions) and countless tutorials online - Jimmy Fallon or his guests didn't seem to have a problem! Loopy HD is so friendly and simple to use (children can master it) yet don't let this belittle it (that's called good interface design). It's unbelievably powerful in terms of the sheer wealth of creative possibilities it provides! Loopy HD is an essential creative tool to own as part of your iOS music making arsenal. It's brilliant from simply catching your ideas (like a sketch pad) to creating a complex interactive live performance (and everything in between). I'm really excited about the release of 'Loopy Masterpiece Edition'! The developer (Michael) is a well respected creative in the iOS music making community and I can't wait to see his next iteration of this classic software - highly recommended!
Completely unintuitive, clumsy and frustrating app
Baffled by these other glowing reviews. The user interface is just needlessly confusing as heck, the tutorials/help are hard to follow and don't cover the basics and the whole app is over-designed. You're perpetually tapping on things with zero indication of what they do. Wanting to simply arm a track and record two bars with a metronome counting you in? Forget about it. Played with this thing for hours trying to put together a simple loop with a guitar and it was chaos. A great example of someone taking a simple concept like a loop pedal and over-complicating it.
I had it the deleted it and when I reinstalled it, it now won't pick up my voice
- Category: Music
- Updated: 09 August 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Developer: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2015 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.