Figure - Make Music & Beats, Remix on Allihoopa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make music in seconds. Share, remix and collaborate with music makers all over the world.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Best of 2012
“Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker.” - App Store Editor’s Notes
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Share your creations on Allihoopa, the free music collaboration and sharing service, and see where other music makers will take your ideas. Figure will have anyone making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• Share your music on Allihoopa and let others remix or develop in Figure and other apps
• Make music with people all over the world
• Find music from the Allihoopa community to remix and develop
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
Allihoopa is the online home for social music making. Find beats or hooks that inspire you. Share your musical ideas and see where other music makers will take them.
Truly designed for mobile use, with collaboration in mind, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synths. All controlled through an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Use the arpeggiator to create melody lines from chords
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• Share music on Allihoopa
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iPhone 4s, iPad 2 or higher. iOS 9 or higher.
** AudioCopy by Retronyms
What's New in Version 2.2.4
We’ve been getting hyped on the retro trend of this winter's reissues of old video game consoles, that plumber guy now being on iOS, and whatnot. So we made some sounds so you can sound like those classic games too. Try combining the new Syntax Error kit with the Bassboy bass and Eight Bit Vibra lead and you’ll see what we mean. Soon you’ll be jumping head first into question marks and eating mushrooms.
Looking forward to hearing what you'll make with the new sounds on Allihoopa!
New in this release:
- New drum kit: Syntax Error
- New bass sounds: Bassboy, Future House and Thicke
- New lead sounds: Eight Bit Vibra, Hedgehog, Saw III and Triple Waves
- Fixes an annoying issue where you couldn’t 2D touch the left side of the screen if 3D touch was turned on, no matter how hard you tried.
- Rich notifications. Did someone build on your song? Listen to it directly from your home screen. Building on theirs is just another tap.
The Allihoopa Team
Figure is more than a toy
I always felt this was a fun instrument but on my iPad it felt too much of a toy.
Generally I prefer to use more professional tools that you can really get under the hood of.
I recently got myself an iPhone however and it now seems that Figure is totally in its element: say on a morning commute.
It still feels like cheating but the more I learn all these other more advanced software tools and hardware, the more I appreciate that good electronic music is good regardless of how it is made.
There a few things I would like in the future to make Figure a more serious producer friendly app e.g. separate channel export and export to Dropbox. But besides that It seems silly and against the Figure ethos to wish for more control over the preset sounds or to get too deep. Naturally I'd like a sort of Figure Pro paid version 1 day but ultimately I think it's an excellent and efficient software instrument, perhaps it could be even better in a collaborative setting using Ableton Link and really open up the iPhone as an instrument.
So whilst I am a big fan of Korg's Gadget and on a phone I also enjoy jamming around on Novation's Bloc Waves and Launchpad platforms (the two would greatly be improved with a streamlined Figure import) but the best results all come from Figure for me and I would absolutely recommend it to any iPhone user as a first step to trying out turning their phone into a music groove box.
Ace little jam tool.
If you think this is going to be the answer to your iPhone DAW prayers your out of luck. It's an instrument, meant to be played on and played with. Surprising variety and width in many of the sounds. Really well thought out as a live play interface. If I could have one wish I'd like to be able to change the time signature so I could do tracks in 4/4, or 3/4. Social media and sharing is thankfully low profile but the option is there if I should ever need it.
A simple tool to jam to
Figure is an excellent app to create loops so simply and be able to feel proud of such music creation!
I have been making loops on it for years, feeling more than satisfied with it's simplicity and personality as an app and have had the need to implement this app on any phone I move to.
A must have for any person who loves to create music and a strong recommendation to everyone else, such a simple tool with such endless possibility! -keep up the good work Allihoopa! \(^-^)/
- Category: Music
- Updated: 18 January 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 78.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Allihoopa AB
- © 2016 Allihoopa AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.