Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make music in seconds. Share, remix and collaborate with music makers all over the world.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• Multiple times App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
• App Store Best of 2012
“Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker.” - App Store Editor’s Notes
"Propellerhead's Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
Create an addictive beat before the next bus stop or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting in line at the bank. Share your creations on Allihoopa, the free music collaboration and sharing service, and see where other music makers will take your ideas. Figure will have anyone making music within seconds yet is deep enough for endless play on a transatlantic flight.
• Make songs with Drums, Bass and Lead Synth
• Play by sliding your finger across the play pad
• Always stay in key and on the beat
• Share your music on Allihoopa and let others remix or develop in Figure and other apps
• Make music with people all over the world
• Find music from the Allihoopa community to remix and develop
• No previous playing skills required
• Tweak and twist your track on the fly
• Sounding amazing has never been this easy
Truly designed for mobile use, with collaboration in mind, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synths. All controlled through an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you’re after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won’t want to stop. You won’t believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.
If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy — and sounded so great!
If you are a seasoned musician – music creation has never been this fun!
The nitty gritty details:
• Bass & lead parts use Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Drums powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Play in different keys & modes. Set once or change on the fly.
• Use the arpeggiator to create melody lines from chords
• Increase the Shuffle to loosen up your beats
• Turn up Pump to add a club sound to your tracks
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1,2,4,8 bars)
• Export audio to iTunes File Sharing
• Share music on Allihoopa
• Audiobus support: Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iPhone 4s, iPad 2 or higher. iOS 8 or higher.
** AudioCopy by Retronyms
What's New in Version 2.1.2
New in Figure 2.1.2:
- Profile tab! Tap Allihoopa to find your profile. Make it even prettier by adding a photo of yourself, a description of who you are, and a tag line.
- Double tap on a patch name to bring up the new patch browser. You can also hide a patch you don't like by pressing the eye icon.
- David on the Figure team suggests hiding the Kamelen lead sound, because "it's useless". I (Leo) kind of like it. Well, I made it. Don't hide it please.
- Improved Facebook sign-up and login stability
- Some of our dialog boxes were quite confusing. They now are less so. We hope.
- The in app settings have been moved to the iOS system Settings.
By the way: we've been getting some questions about who Allihoopa is. It's us! We were previously called the Propellerhead mobile team. We're now the Allihoopa mobile team. Same people, same owners, more colorful logo.
Hope you're having fun with Figure!
The Figure and Allihoopa team
Solid, but throw us a frickin' bone....
The patch browser and hide function is a godsend, huge improvement on navigation and streamlining. Kamelen is even kinda neat... However the share bar on the top of the screen is still a big negative. It's ugly because of the clashing colours and makes the workspace feel claustrophobic. I just feel you can integrate it better, at least make the background the same black as the timeline so it feels like it's not just a huge ad strip which I have to dodge. Just go to the "global" tab and tell me that doesn't look like a design mess at the top of the screen. I will gladly say that I will never log into the service because I have zero interest in sharing. It really is such a good product. "Figure" something out and it'll easily be back to being a 5 star product in the reviews where it BELONGS...
This app was once great. It could be again.
Unfortunately it goes further than just this app.
I don't understand why Propellerheads would want to forget their roots and try to become something that none of their original users want. They built products that loyal customers invested a lot of time and money in. Things evolve and improve over time. But this is different. Nobody wanted this.
If music producers wanted to create music and remix other's music, they could already do that. Without Allihoopa.
Propellerheads have decided to ignore and forget their loyal customers, the ones who made them what they were, and go down this new path. A path that leaves behind the people that made them, musicians, and sets them on a course to being something else. A social network.
When this path ends, in the wilderness, they will find themselves on their own, without any loyal customers.
Good luck, Propellerheads/Allihoopa. You've sold yourself to the devil. I hope you come to your senses soon. When you do, I will welcome you back.
The wrong direction
Jiggering the reviews so that negative comments appear lower looses another star. Figure brims with potential, much of which could be a source of revenue, via functionality development in a few well chosen IAP's. But, the developers seem hell bent on forcing users down their Alihooper social media route.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 20 April 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Allihoopa AB
- © 2016 Propellerhead Software AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.