Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Universal App: Buy it once, and play it on your iPad or iPhone.
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the two main game modes, then "Store," and then "Restore Purchase."
- Saved games can now be exported by long-tapping the Quick Save button during play
- Characters can now be opened in other applications during the Export Character process, including Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition if it is installed
- The battle music now ends correctly after combat ends
- The kit description for the Wizard Slayer now correctly states that all of the Wizard Slayer’s attacks bestow spell failure, not just melee attacks
- The description of the Detect Illusion spell now correctly describes the radius of the effect as 30 feet, and that only enemies of the caster are affected by the spell’s effects
- The game will no longer crash when attempting to join a multiplayer game, with or without a password
- The side panels on the left and right sides of the screen can now be restored on iPhone by tapping the (enlarged) buttons in the bottom left and right corners of the screen
- The descriptions of innate abilities and spells can now be viewed from the gameplay screen by holding and releasing on the spell’s icon
- Double-tapping an item while purchasing equipment now displays a prompt to set a purchase quantity for that item
A startling achievement, all involved should be extremely proud. This is a magnificent game, to be tempted along hour after hour by a wide variation of the purest dungeon and dragon themed quests, fills each game load with excitement and unadulterated enjoyment. This game is all about sound characterisation, sound score, detailed character interface and unstoppable gameplay all done at its very best.
User interface makes is unplayable on iPhone
Great game-shame that on the iPhone it is utterly unplayable to any major degree due to the tiny user interface...
This neo-classic example of Western RPG gaming paradise brings with it a tour-de-force of frolics and deep gratifying satisfaction.
Way back in the latter years of the misty nineties, when games were produced in the knowledge that the average person possesses a relative level of intelligence and creativity; and didn't want to have their hand held throughout their personal adventurous pilgrimage. Before crass tutorials. Before monotonous trend-following reproduction. Before money-spinning rhetoric. There existed a small group of half-crazy Canadian nerds who were demented enough to sacrifice their lives whilst being chained to a PC; and the outcome? The Infinity Engine: arguably the finest RPG engine ever conceived upon planet Earth.
Aside from the genius of this wonderfully balanced and fluid D&D strategy gaming experience comes a depth of love and imagination. The dialogue is written with an excellent level and use of English language; and is speckled with original and often hilarious mirth - Canadian wit at its best.
The story is thrilling and original.
The sense of adventure is free and alluring.
The gameplay challenging and joyful.
On a personal level, I have sacrificed countless hours of my life upon this game and regret not a dot.
I have experienced the game on both PC and iPad. There are some minor hiccups that currently exist on iOS Enhanced; but these hiccups are outweighed by the luxury of touch technology and handheld joy-de-vive.
If are looking for a game to test your wit, buy this now.
If your are looking for a laugh, buy this now.
If you are looking for a masterpiece, buy this now.
I only ask that you devote no less than 20 hours to this game before any judgement is made upon it. This game is a rough diamond of splendorous invention and genius.
On the other hand, one could always just roll along playing the next predictable and mindless RPG clone that is released just before Christmas. The choice is yours, I guess.
Thank you Bioware.
Thank you Beamdog.
Thank you Overhaul.
Thank you Trent and all.
Your hard work is worth a treasure chest bursting with jewels, gold pieces, magical weapons, and scrolls; hidden in the darkened ruins of a near-forgotten chamber.
From Silverstone, England with gratitude overflowing, Shaun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 June 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 2.11 GB
- Language: English
- Developer: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan£2.29
- Portrait Pack One£1.49
- Voice Pack One£1.49