Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition also offers the following premium content available for purchase:
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added support for iPhone
- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- Luck spell no longer erases character's weapon proficiencies
- Improvements to Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish languages
- Hundreds of general gameplay improvements
Playing on iphone5c
Game is great have been waiting along time for this to come out on iPhone the only issue is that the buttons on the left are to small and need to be rescaled for the iPhone screen! Updated review to 2 stars because the side bars disappear and you can't get them back! This makes the game unplayable and a waste of £6.99!! Please can the developers get this fixed with a patch ASAP as the game would be 5starsif this is fixed! Updated my review if you loose the side menus when playing open the iPhone settings go to general accessibility and turn on the zoom function then reopen bgee app and double tap with 3 fingers to zoom in pan the screen with 3 fingers and access the tab at the bottom right or left of the screen tap the tab and the side menu will pop back up I have done this a few times and works every time! Hope this helps fellow bg gamers.
"Amazing game. Brings me back to when I played it years ago. Even on an iPhone 4S the graphics are fine and legible contrary to other reviews.
Only annoying thing is for no reason the side bars disappear and I thought I could get around this by saving regularity and reloading when they were there... NOT THE CASE!! They have disappeared in all my saved games making the game unplayable. Which is frustrating as I bought some IAP and have put a lot of time in and now is genuinely unplayable.
Developers please fix this asap and it will get a 5 star rating.
Was ecstatic at first and now exceptionally frustrated."
Wrote the above before I realised that for the sidebar issue all you have to do is the "3 Finger Zoom" on all iPhones and then you can actually get side bars to reappear. Anyone who gave less than 5* due to this issue should really re-review with 5* apologising to developers.
Amazing game, wish BG2 was available on iPhone.
Apologies to developers for stupidity of my last 1* review and glad I saw the light and fixed it.
Anyone who is in 2 minds about the price tag, bite that this is a full rpg game that would have cost PC players a price way more than £6.99.
A classic role playing game from the late 1990s, loads of hours of game play, get it!, works extremely well on the ipad4, money well spent. I still have the game discs for my pc, but this is well worth buying and getting the extra content and characters. I've been playing this for about 30 hours in the past week, still loads to do and still not bored! ... I've now completed it and replaying it with a thief ..... I have played it on a iPhone 4, it is just about playable as the screen is so small.... So unless you really know how too play it and you don't mind eye strain! best stick to playing it on an ipad.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 September 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.81 GB
- Language: English
- Developer: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Overhaul Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dorn Il-Khan£2.29
- Portrait Pack One£1.49
- Voice Pack One£1.49