Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
By Overhaul Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The dawn is especially cruel this morning...
For as long as you can remember your view of the world has been limited to the heavily fortified walls of Candlekeep. Your foster father, Gorion, has done everything in his power to protect you, and keep you out of harm’s way.
All of that is about to change. Forced to leave your home under mysterious circumstances, you find yourself drawn into a conflict that has the Sword Coast on the brink of war. An iron shortage of unknown origin threatens to plunge the city of Baldur’s Gate into conflict with Amn. Meanwhile, there is something else at work, far more sinister than you can even begin to fathom...
Since its release in 1998, this classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer roleplaying games. Customize your hero’s traits and abilities, recruit a party of brave allies, and explore the far corners of the Sword Coast in your search for adventure, profit… and the truth.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the original 60-hour epic, as well as the following expansions:
* Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
* The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom…if you can!
* Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul Monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
* Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
* Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
* Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
* New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character
* Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
We’re making improvements all the time; join the discussion on our official forums to see what’s coming next!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Universal App: Buy it once, and play it on your iPad or iPhone.
If a player's access to DLC becomes limited after installing the new patch, please select one of the two main game modes, then "Store," and then "Restore Purchase."
- Saved games can now be exported by long-tapping the Quick Save button during play
- Characters can now be opened in other applications during the Export Character process, including Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition if it is installed
- The battle music now ends correctly after combat ends
- The kit description for the Wizard Slayer now correctly states that all of the Wizard Slayer’s attacks bestow spell failure, not just melee attacks
- The description of the Detect Illusion spell now correctly describes the radius of the effect as 30 feet, and that only enemies of the caster are affected by the spell’s effects
- The game will no longer crash when attempting to join a multiplayer game, with or without a password
- The side panels on the left and right sides of the screen can now be restored on iPhone by tapping the (enlarged) buttons in the bottom left and right corners of the screen
- The descriptions of innate abilities and spells can now be viewed from the gameplay screen by holding and releasing on the spell’s icon
- Double-tapping an item while purchasing equipment now displays a prompt to set a purchase quantity for that item
Amazing depth & replay value
They don't make them like they used to. I have played this game so many times on so many platforms and the latest being 9.7 inch ipad. They have done a fantastic job of porting the game to ois and the multiplayer option has proved to be very robust and enjoyable. There are so many ways to play this game and because of that the pence per hour gameplay rate becomes very very low despite the initial cost of the game. You can play with the characters you meet in the game or switch to multiplayer (which can also be played with just a single player) and craft your characters exactly how you want them. When entering buildings things get small thats true but don't forget you can zoom the screen and once you do everything is clear and your able to place your characters with precision again. These series of games are just amazing. The graphics may be old school but guess what its the gameplay depth that will keep you coming back time and time again for many years to come.
Not a game for the run around and shoot everything fan. This is a really good Dungeons and Dragons game for the iPad. If you don't know or like D & D then don't buy this game. It requires patience and thought, but the reward is immense. Hour upon hour of nostalgic, nerdy fun! I'm in heaven having given up hope of finding this type of game in this age of predictable shoot em ups.
DO NOT GET FOR IPHONE
Wonderful port, plays beautifully. Despite the title and the problems often mentioned I cannot give it any less than 5 stars. One of the greatest games of all time now many more people have the opportunity to play it.
Play on iPad, do not try to use in anything smaller than iPhone 6plus as it is exceptionally small. It still works though if you have baby hands and an insane eye for detail.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 June 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 2.44 GB
- Language: English
- Developer: Overhaul Games Inc.
- © 2012 Beamdog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- To Flee Thay£2.99
- A Blackguard’s Revenge£2.99
- Jason Manley Portrait Pack£1.99
- Enhanced Voice Pack£1.99