ReadQuick - Speed Reader
By Action Now
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ReadQuick - Speed Reader
50% off for one week
The world's first and best speed reading app has been fully redesigned and reimagined for your iPhone and iPad. Over the past year many thousands of you have written us asking for some killer new features. So we took our time and built just about every one of them that made sense.
During our first three years in The App Store the reviews have been amazing:
"... I read just fine the traditional way. But a lot of people don’t, and I find it fascinating that many people read better this way. I got a bunch of emails from readers back in January thanking me for linking to ReadQuick, because it works so well for their reading style." - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"With ReadQuick, I was able to knock out a fairly lengthy article in just a few minutes without getting distracted." - 9to5Mac
"... when my aging brain needs a kick in the ass, and I just want to ingest as much information and data as possible. When I want to guzzle down water. That's when ReadQuick is invaluable." - Rene Ritchie (iMore.com)
"I’m particularly impressed by its minimal and intuitive design." - Forbes
"For me personally, RQ is a great way to enforce focus and attention on what I'm reading; if I look away, daydream or get distracted, I'm going to miss something." - Engadget
One New App, Many New Features
ReadQuick helps you read faster than ever before. Designed for iOS 9, this app helps you speed read while getting through your daily reading lists.
You can access articles you want to read through our partners like Pocket or find them yourself with the built-in browser. You can also choose to read think pieces by our great content partners such as iMore, Longreads, and more. ReadQuick will tell you how long each article will take you to complete based on your words per minute rate.
The more you use ReadQuick the faster your reading rate will become.
What's New in ReadQuick:
Brand New Layout and Design
- Inuitive new look feel that gets you closer to the reading experience.
- New control gestures for iPhone and iPad
- All new layout for larger screen iOS devices
- Save right to the ReadQuick List using the iOS extension!
- All new My Saves inbox that pulls all of your read-it-later services into one place.
- It's here! iCloud syncing between your devices.
- Delete an article on your iPad and it's gone from your iPhone
- Keeps all your playlists in sync
- You wanted Evernote and Feedly integration.
- You got it.
- Readers wanted to go faster than 800 words per minute so we increased the reading rate to 1,000 words per minute. Holy smokes!
- ReadQuick has always presented one word at a time, now from the menu you can choose to speed read with multiple words at a time.
Full Article Viewer
- Tap the full article viewer to see where you are in a large article.
- Or maybe you just want to read the traditional way for a few minutes.
- Instantly share your favorite articles with the built-in share sheet.
- since importing PDF's is a bag of hurt we found a way to copy the text you want from the clipboard and create an article complete with your own title.
- All new featured partners like Google News, iMore, and more
- Pulls in the most recent articles from your favorite news websites
What's New in Version 3.1.3
- removed in-app premium upgrade and added these features to the main initial download of the app
- bug fixes
- add an article from the url copied to clipboard
Articles not saving on ios9
New review. It's a shame, as you see below, it used to be great, but I can't get any articles to save to it anymore. So reading something on Twitter safari et al.... Go to the save to read quick option... It dashes up "saved".... But when I go to ReadQuick they are nowhere to be found! Could be my fault I guess... But it used to be easy!!
Ergo I can't use it anymore.
My old review:
This is the most stable and reliable of the speed readers I have tried and for the same purchase price you get an iPhone and iPAD version. I would recommend it, but I hope they can add feature, without loosing that professional, simple and reliable look and feel.
So it does the RSVP speed reading thing really well, but it lacks some of the features available in the frankly less reliable revivals.
It is my go to app for speed reading Instapaper and Readbility.
Only one word at a time only,
No little flash (helps the brain interpret this fast flow of information).
I would like to paste text to it as you can with WordBag (which is nice, but iPhone only and a little bit buggy)
It is not an Ebook reader, so it shouldn't be docked points for that.
Not quite sure what the "sends your data to their server" thing is about, I don't know anything about that, but obviously if you give them your email that they'll collect it. I am not sure i am too bothered about them monitoring my Instagram preferences?
Skips out words
Seems like a nice app, but I found it difficult to follow the gist of what I was reading and then discovered why: it was skipping out the odd word here and there - really important ones for the context of the sentence. Until this bug is fixed I can't recommend this app.
Test with a copy of this simple short paragraph at any word speed; the first words of line 2 and 6 are skipped for example:
is scheduled to start operations during 2019, when it will become the long-anticipated
`workhorse' near-infrared multi-object spectrograph for the VLT. It is likely to prove
a popular and widely-used instrument.
Not good for ipad
The size of the text is changing. Some time it got big that i can see the whole text properly. There should a way adjust the size of the font and the size should not change during reading..
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 03 November 2015
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 53.6 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Action Now Limited
- © Action Now
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases