Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to and play your favourite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favourite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations and play position in sync across all your devices, computers and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sport and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favourites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favourite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favourite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favourite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions and your stations, and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the Lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
Still not working and now more annoying
I left a review on 30 Nov 13 about version 2.0 outlining, in detail, what my problems were with this app that, when podcasts were combined with the iTunes app, simply did not exist.
So, a couple of iOS and Podcasts updates later, have these issues been resolved? Nope.
It still downloads random podcasts from up to 6 months ago that I have already listened to. Whether it thinks I have listened to them or note is pure luck.
Despite following online guidance about the default settings for synching, some podcasts I subscribe to follow their own rules and thus keep played ones, cluttering up my disk space.
A new error is when I go to manually edit a list of podcasts on my iPhone some of them disappear then reappear - thus preventing me from managing them.
As I travel a lot for my work the ability to listen to podcasts means I can maximise my time away. Having to manually sort out this crap that until last year my iPhone could do automatically would be comical if it were not so utterly frustrating. Unfortunately, I can find no other suitable podcast player out there.
I hate this app. And hate is a strong word. But I really do hate it. I hope the spirit of Steve Jobs is haunting the programmers of this app right now.
Why doesn't Apple care about this app?
Apple remade it's name with the iPod. Podcasts were named after it. But Apple doesn't care. This app is garbage. I hate so many 'features' of it but the one I hate most is the one that made me miss my favourite podcasts: the automatic switching off of subscriptions if you haven't listened to one for a while. I didn't spot this was happening and missed some episodes which I can't now download, because I tend to batch up my casts and listen to them in one go. And I can't turn the feature off so I risk having it happen again. Apple, you are not my Mum. You do not know what is best for me. The reason I bought an Apple was because my previous phone was so crap and podcasts and I thought Apple must have it sorted. Ha!
Only reason I'm giving this any rating is because I have to in order to post the review I'm now searching in vain for a new ios podcast app....Since the update I can no longer open this app when I tap on the icon nothing ...the icon does a little "spring" then nothing happens 😡I've uninstalled and reinstalled .... Still nothing
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 March 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.