By TopHatch, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker, Airbrush and Watercolor. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to email@example.com, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.6.3
You’ll be happy to know we figured out a workaround for the iOS11 + first gen iPad Pro drawing lag and added support for the new HEIF image format.
Other awesome iOS11 features are right around the corner — check out sneak peeks of Concepts 5 and the serious creativity of #inktober on Instagram or your favorite social channel @ConceptsApp.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Should follow App Store rules
A 5 Star program, that fails to follow App Store rules and prompts me to rate it, at a very inconvenient moment. Deserves 1 Star for this alone. UPDATE: My apologies. You prompted me only once. And following guidelines. I thought requesting reviews was not allowed anymore, and just confirmed I was wrong about this. The request appeared when starting the program, if I remember correctly. Nothing wrong with that, but I was upset at several unrelated things when it popped up. Won’t write reviews when frustrated. And it is my favorite drawing program after only a few weeks using it. Really deserving 5 stars.
Laggy and Mask VS Delete....confusing app at times
Firstly lag. The update doesn’t fix it very well at all. Still significantly slower on iOS 11 which is a shame. Doesn’t like look like a fix is around the corner either 😐
Also let’s address the ‘Eraser”
It should be call “Mask” as the app never lets you erase anything at all. Which is both confusing and can be very annoying, especially when exporting your images.
The app works on the assumption that nothing is ever deleted, just masked. This makes selection, moving and copying items very complicated and the order of layers critical. For this reason, it is not easy to use and the majority of people in my company have decided to use other programs as a result of this.
The app really requires a dedicated DELETE brush. Keep the mask option by all means, but have a method of deleting items. Currently you can only delete a line in a sketch by selecting it and deleting it individually....which is just not practical for large freehand sketching. Please split the delete brush into two options...one to delete and one to mask.
You won’t be disappointed, great app!!
I didn’t realise how good this app is until I have my new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I had this app downloaded such a while ago on my previous devices but never used it as much then, but now with the Apple pencil it’s so so good! Most of my drawings are concept style based and this app are perfect! Even for doodling!! Love the Copic colour wheel pops up. I’m sure there are lots more stuff that this app offers that I’m trying to grasp but overall you won’t be disappointed! Well recommended! Thanks Concepts
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 October 2017
- Version: 4.6.3
- Size: 138 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack£9.99
- PDF Essentials£4.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)£4.99
- Shape Library£1.99
- DIY Stickers£3.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits£4.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]£7.99
- 10 Object Packs£14.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits £7.99
- Body Forms£1.99