Concepts: Smarter Sketching, Design & CAD for Architecture & Illustration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Concepts is the digital design sketchbook of the future. It’s powerful, flexible and smart, so you can go from quick sketches to beautiful and precise illustrations in a single app. Concepts is made for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil so your sketchbook is always ready. Enhance your creative capabilities with our infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, completely adjustable vector strokes, and the ability to export in powerful formats like SVG or CAD. Once you learn to use Concepts, you’ll never want another sketchbook again.
Concepts is one of the top-rated design apps in the App Store and it keeps getting better. It has been used to design a new hospital, build a yacht, craft award-winning quilts and create fine art featured in galleries... Concepts really shines when you’re conceptualizing ideas, rapidly prototyping, or drafting quick visual iterations.
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches, through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View Multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker and Airbrush. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
If you love to sketch, then Concepts is for you. It is the favorite app of Professional Designers, Illustrators, Architects, Industrial Designers and Makers everywhere. It’s perfect for architecture, illustration, organic CAD (DXF) and vector (SVG) shapes, a simple sketch or sketchnote, even layered PSDs!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
- Award Winning: Apple selected Concepts for the Best Apps of 2013 in 12 countries! Tabby Awards 2013: Best Creation & Design App.
- "Never before has my finger been mightier than my pencil!!! Creativity has blossomed literally on my fingertips!" - AneSharoo
- "...you can sum up Concepts in one word - irreplaceable." - DADGBE
- "...the ultimate design tool - the freedom to sketch with the power of vector manipulation." - John
- "So much power with a simple, stylish interface. A tool for makers to design and build their dreams." - Dave
- "This makes the Adobe Draw app look like a small-neck clam designed it." - Vonster
- "This is the future in design." – Grim
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Our goal is to help you bridge the gap between your ideas and the real world. Concepts is the design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop, and we're around for questions whenever they come up. Chat with us in-app, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you experience any problems or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Von Glitschka, Evan Bronstein AIA LEED GA and Erica Christensen for cover art!
What's New in Version 4.1.3
YOUR REQUESTS, EDITION 413
As a designer, you know feedback is critical to the design cycle. Your feedback directly affects our work, and as a result, today you can enjoy:
IPAD PRO 9.7”. Show settings panel for Apple Pencil and enable pressure response.
LEFTIE SUPPORT. Now you can flip the interface so you don’t keep hitting that infernal settings button. Hooray!
IMPROVED GALLERY THUMBS. If galleries had thumbs, they would now be able to stretch out to their full glory. Ours do.
PORTUGUESE. Por que usar o Inglês, quando o idioma é melhor?
HIGHER RES EXPORTS on iPad Pro. Up to 4X the screen size, or a massive 10928 x 8192 on the 12.9” device, or 8192 x 6144 on the new 9.7” iPad Pro. Careful, that’s sharp.
EXPORT TO ICLOUD and other cloud providers. Very useful.
PIN THE TOOLBAR. Hold your ground, toolbar. Not everyone likes it when you run away during intense creative sessions. (Hint: Find me in Settings.)
CHANGE THE BACKGROUND color multiple times without the color wheel disappearing. Tap elsewhere to dismiss.
GET PROPERLY THANKED when you purchase the Pro Pack. Which you should definitely do if you haven’t already. If you have, thank you again.
SOME OTHER BUGS around copy/paste and object linking, etc. All sorted.
As always, you can find us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest/Medium/YouTube/YouKu. Just look for @ConceptsApp. We’d love to see - and share - your work!
Also, if it’s not too much trouble, we’d love your updated five-star reviews. They’re very helpful and very motivating. We’ll be back with more in a few short weeks.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Makes sketching & designing a breeze
Have really enjoyed exploring the capabilities of this app. Like others, I was fairly quick to update to the reasonably priced pro features. I really appreciate that elements are fully editable vectors allowing even someone with limited sketching abilities to create something special - if you are like me & have clear ideas in your minds eye but struggle to get these connect to the drawn form you'll appreciate this app.
I use CAD on a daily basis and have used this app to replicate some early concept designs and found the workflow to be delightfully fluid. Having tried to do something similar in the industry leading CAD mobile app, I wasn't long in realising that Concepts was much more intuitive. There is of course some room for improvement, but I have found the developers very keep to gather and act on feedback.
Superbly flexible and capable
A great drawing and sketching application that lets you use layers and shape guides to improve your drawings. Great canvas which is not restricted and a good set of tools. Would love to see a colour dropper added to match colours you have already used quickly. Definitely the best of the drawing/sketching apps out there!
A must have !
Try it, basic features are free.
Some apps charge higher premium for so little functionality.
The 'Concepts' app is in a league of its own. In most cases it beats any design/drawing apps available.
Incredibly smart but easy to use UI, powerful features and export options.
Took me just few minutes testing it until I upgraded to 'Pro' and the upgrade itself is priced very sensibly.
I love it, one of the best apps on iDevices 👍
Plus you get real customer service with this app too, great responses :)
Big thanks to all who are working on 'Concepts' 👍
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 05 April 2016
- Version: 4.1.3
- Size: 53.5 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Developer: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)£5.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]£5.99
- Precision Toolkit£1.49
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)£2.99
- Images & TextFree
- Layers & Adjust£2.29
- Upgrade to Pro Pack£4.49
- iPhone to iPad upgrade£2.99
- Sketch & Color ToolsFree