Google Maps - GPS Navigation
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information that you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or car-share with real-time transport info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like petrol stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places that you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transport schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.41
Thank you for using Google Maps! This release brings support for iPhone X in addition to bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them. Get the latest version for all of the available Google Maps features.
Optimised for iPhone X but difficult to close the app
So Google finally updated the app to take advantage of the iPhone X screen however they failed to change the user interface where you swipe up from the bottom for settings. This means that you cannot close the app in one swipe, you have to swipe up on the settings and then up again. How did this get through testing?
Please add ‘turn around where possible’. I use this app daily and there are so many times I’m leaving one job for another and it takes me miles round because I’m facing the wrong way. I then find myself going past the end of the road I left from five minutes ago.
Great app, handy for traffic and well made!
I got this app mainly to see the traffic as living in Norwich can be a nightmare for traffic. The orange, red etc colours on the road that indicate traffic is always up to date and amazingly accurate. I can quickly find out any accidents or road works and then avoid them accordingly. It’s a really helpful for finding cash machines and petrol stations etc and overall a really good app to use if you travel a lot.
Still needs work
The main app is great. It's clear and the roads are 99% accurate.
The issue I have is that roads with road numbers seem to be displayed rather than road names, it either needs to display both or have an option in the settings to change preferences.
Directions are very good, with live updates etc... This has saved me hours by avoiding queues.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 30 November 2017
- Version: 4.41
- Size: 138 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.