Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor, Heart Beat & Pulse Tracker PRO
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone into a quick and accurate personal Heart Rate Monitor (HRM).
Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor PRO can quickly and easily measure your heart rate with just your iPhone, no chest straps or external hardware is needed! Simply place the tip of your finger over your iPhone's camera to get your measurement.
Taking your pulse is an easy way to determine your physical condition. Measure your heart rate after a training session to find out how your cardiovascular system is doing under stress, or take a heart rate measurement when you’re relaxed to measure your resting heart rate. Use Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor PRO shows you how fast your heart is beating at any given moment.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Measure your heart rate using just your iPhone camera
- Graphs illustrate your measurement history
- Different measuring types: Resting heart rate, pre & post-workout heart rate, maximum heart rate
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com: Compare and analyse your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your heart rate measurements on social networks like Facebook & Twitter or via email
EASY TO USE
- Place your index finger against the back camera lens and flashlight
- Do not press too hard, otherwise blood circulation will be altered and the results could be
- When using an iPhone or iPad without a flashlight, be sure to take the measurement in a well-lit area (bright daylight works best)
- Remain calm and try not to move too much during the measurement, as this can compromise measurement accuracy
- Do not measure with cold fingers when the blood circulation is poor
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting heart rate than someone who’s inactive. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate.
Download the Runtastic Heart Rate App Monitor PRO app today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
WARNING: This is not a medical product.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Improved app performance
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Can't get a measurement
Tried dozens of times over 25 minutes, following the instructions exactly, using several different finger positions, but the app would hardly ever (a couple times) accept a reading.
After every failed attempt the app shows the instructions again, which is incredibly patronising and totally unhelpful.
It's a shame because the rest of the app looks great, but how am I meant to use a heart-rate monitor that won't monitor my heart rate? It's clearly picking something up because the graph on the measurement page shows my pulse. Other apps don't have this problem.
A brilliant app, used to use it regularly, sometimes daily. Since the last update can not get it to measure properly, tried different fingers/angles. The graph is picking up my heart rate but no numbers, even when it does detect it properly, it still says measure again.
Very disappointed as such a good product before.
Very good app
I like this app - quick and easy to use, and does what it's supposed to do.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 20 January 2016
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Developer: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.