"Scurvy Scallywags is an enormous breath of fresh air if you've been spending a bunch of time with the current generation of match-3 games." - Touch Arcade
"Here's our bold statement of the day: Scurvy Scallywags is what every puzzle game secretly wants to be like." - Jay is Games
A musical match-3 RPG brimming with pirates, ships, loot, and more gold than you can shake your rusty hook at!
Move your pirate around the board by matching 3 or more tiles. With each match, the board shifts in the direction you swiped. Collect treasure as you visit mysterious jungle, desert, ice, and fire islands to reassemble a legendary Ultimate Sea Shanty. Fight to the death with evil pirates and monsters. Or, blast them with your arsenal of handy skills!
* Universal App & iCloud for pirates on the go! Pick up exactly where you left off on any device.
* Choose from 100 hats, shirts, swords, heads, and more to customize your pirate.
* Use special skills to dodge enemies, collect extra loot, or win epic boss battles.
* Build countless (okay, nine) different ships that improve your pirate’s buffs and stats.
* Complete side quests and 50 GameCenter achievements -- you’ll be plundering for days.
* Great replay value! Randomly generated islands keep the game going after completing the Ultimate Sea Shanty.
* Share your exploits and pictures of your pirate with built-in Facebook and Twitter.
iOS 11 compatible.
Ratings and Reviews
Should be much more popular than it is. A very high quality developed game that is different and enjoyable. People are too busy playing Candy Crush whereas this is a better game.
Excellent! Love this game & glad it's been updated for iOS 11.
Match 3 for RPG fans
Can't recommend this enough, and I rarely enjoy match 3 games because they're abstract. This has characters, combat (of sorts) and a world. Also the combat is more intuitive that other attempts at this genre mashup such as Puzzle Quest, where it happens sort of outside the main game. Really good stuff and some Monkey Island type pirate humour to boot. Also I have been playing with my partner and we notice ld the islands are procedurally generated and different players will get quests and items in different orders which is a nice touch. No annoying need for in app purchases although there is a gold penalty if you die and you can get backup gold from the App Store.
- Beep Games, Inc.
- 92.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Beep Games, Inc
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.