Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#1 Best selling board game in 28 stores!
Forge a mighty civilization on your iPad in this epic empire building game set during the Roman Empire!
80% Touch Arcade "Legion demonstrates that these people can handle strategy on every scale"
80% Board Game Geek "Overall, it is a classic game of a caliber not often seen on iOS"
80% Pocket Tactics "Legion is one of the most rewarding games on the App Store".
80% Gamezebo "It’s very much a game on the right platform"
One of Slitherine’s best and critically-acclaimed classic turn-based strategy games is here for the iPad! Legion for the iPad is the first of many of classic strategy games getting faithfully transferred to the portable tablet. Not one shred of content is lost!
Legion for iPad is set in Ancient Rome, where the player must make strategic choices to control their armies and carve an empire from the assortment of tribes and city states that populate Italy, France, Spain, Germany and Britain. When the battle is joined, Legion moves to the tactical layer as players must position their troops to take advantage of terrain, troop formations, and their weapons to acquire victory with a detailed pre-battle planning stage and then watch the battles fight out with hundreds of soldiers on screen giving the iPad its biggest battles yet!
Legion for iPad has everything a strategic and tactical wargamer wants: historical accuracy of maps, scenarios, uniforms, weapons, a detailed economy that ranges from city construction and allocating working to training new units, diplomacy that must be used carefully to gain allies and thwart enemies, to awesome battles. Legion for iPad comes with three levels of difficulty, perfect for those that want to get started with strategy gaming or experienced veterans looking for a challenge.
Perfect for the gamer on the move, Legion is a true strategy classic that is easy to reach out and ‘touch’!
* 20+ sides - gamers play against up to 20 unique opponents, each depicting the nations of the Roman Empire era.
* Detailed economy - players control their cities, allocate workers, increase production by constructing new buildings, build fortresses for protection and train new regiments.
* Historical accuracy - all maps, scenarios, uniforms and weapons are accurately modeled to capture the flavor of the ancient world and its warfare.
* Diplomacy - with so many nations, careful use of diplomacy will be required to succeed.
* 3D battlefields - the battlefield is made up of rendered terrain and will affect the combat model.
* Huge battles - based on historical data, the combat model gives the most realistic look and feel as hundreds of men are displayed in epic battles.
* Battle system - improved strategic and tactical elements.
* Improved - diplomatic, economic, and management elements.
* 3 levels of difficulty - provide a challenge for all gamers.
What's New in Version 2.0
+ corrected an error where unit upkeep was marked as free but was in fact 50% in cities
+ added tips to campaign welcome screen, 20 in total
+ added a help button on deployment to show detailed battle info
+ changed main menu button from Help to Manual
+ added main menu button with link to forum for support
+ fixed a bug where sound volume settings were not saved
+ moved tooltips for easier reading so the finger does not obscure them
+ added additional information on unit troop types to help make better decisions in battle
+ when purchasing troops their type is now displayed
+ unit type information is now shown on deployment
+ the new Help screen shows detailed information on troop types and their strengths and weaknesses
This is a great game - fans of Spartan and Chariots of War on the pc will know how it works. The bad reviews claiming he game is too difficult are just plain wrong - challenging is good, and 'easy' level is just that. If you like Civ, you'll love this.
Even better if:
- more troop types / longer development trees
- cleverer AI when the computer factions build their
Greatest game invented on iPad
Amazing game for iPad jus like Rome total war but a iPad version. Love it if they release other games just like this like a legion 2 or update it and it will b beast. Plz plz make a medieval one plz plz
Brilliant! Just like the total war series but less complicated. Having just completed the conquest of the British isles I can highly recommend people get this game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 04 April 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © Slitherine Ltd. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.