Night Film Decoder
By Random House LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Users: If you are experiencing issues with the app, see the tips and FAQ at the end of this description for help with scanning images from the book.
** The official companion app for Marisha Pessl’s new novel, NIGHT FILM **
** Scan select images in NIGHT FILM with the Decoder app to unlock exclusive multimedia content **
** Works with any version of the book -- both print and eBook **
Brilliant, haunting, breathtakingly suspenseful, NIGHT FILM is a superb literary thriller by the New York Times bestselling author of the blockbuster debut Special Topics in Calamity Physics.
With the special companion app, you can continue the NIGHT FILM experience while reading the book. Interactive touch points buried throughout the text of the book will unlock extra content on your iOS device. These hidden Easter eggs include:
• Exclusive audio featuring characters from the book
• An original unpublished short story from the world of Night Film, "The Personal Diary of Miss Lulu Swallow"
• Image slideshows
Tips and Troubleshooting
1. How to use the app:
• Install the Night Film Decoder app on your device.
• Search for the spray-painted bird image in select illustrations throughout NIGHT FILM. When you see it, launch the app on your device and scan the illustration with the rear-facing camera on your device until a Play button appears on the screen. Hint: Not every one hides a secret.
• Press the Play button and enjoy.
2. Tips for Issues with Image Scanning
• Make sure you scan a large portion of the image, not just the spray-painted bird image
• The app only works with images that include the spray-painted bird icon
• Sometimes the app won’t recognize an image until it is in focus. Give your camera a second to focus on the image. You can also double tap your camera screen to help it adjust its focus controls.
• If you are having trouble getting the app to recognize an image, try moving your device closer or further away from it until you see the red play button.
3. App Support
• If you experience any problems with the Night Film Decoder app, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Minor bug fixes and other improvements
A great addition to the book. Have to hold the scan button and scan the whole page for it to work not just the bird. Brilliant idea
Does not work.
This app simply doesn't work at all. I hit scan and literally nothing happens. It doesn't even switch to camera. Reading the book at the moment and was looking forward to the immersive experience. By the time I've contacted support and the've got back to me I'll already be on a different book. Really disappointed.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 97.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Random House LLC
- © Random House LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.