Writing Wizard - Kids Learn to Write Letters & Words
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•"Fantastic, customizable tracing practice with fun rewards." 5 Stars - Common Sense Media
• "Writing Wizard is the most complete and intelligent letter tracing app we’ve seen"" AppoLearning.com
• "This brand-new app should be the go-to for every parent, teacher and therapist to work on handwriting" - TOP PICKS - 5 stars - SmartAppsForKids.com
• "Writing Wizard by L’Escapadou is everything a parent wants in a handwriting app, and more." 5/5 - kids-app-reviews.com
• "L’Escapadou has made handwriting fun." AppyMall.com 5/5
• Listed in "20 best educational iPhone and iPad apps for kids of 2013" - appsplayground.com
• Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - Children's Technology Review
From the creator of award-winning educational apps, Writing Wizard is designed to help every child learn how to trace letters and words through a fun system carefully designed to maintain motivation.
The app is fully customizable to suit every child's needs, and lets you check their progress through a system of reports and profiles. You can even add your own word lists !
Check the YouTube demo : http://bit.ly/writingwizardvideo
PERFECT FOR KIDS
Kids want to have fun, and Writing Wizard offers a lot of fun to keep them motivated in the learning process !
• They can trace using 26 animated stickers and sound effects
• Once tracing is complete, they can interact with them on 4 games that animate letters
• They can trace any word - like their name - and record their voice for each word
• They can collect stars in 5-Stars play mode
PERFECT FOR PARENTS & TEACHERS
• Detailed reports provide information on what kids have done, including the ability to replay and export the tracings to view kids' progress
• Ability to create your own word lists (and record audio for each word)
• Multiple parameters to customize the app according to the child’s current education level (e.g. letter size, difficulty, show/hide model, allow to stop between key points, etc.)
• 3 most popular fonts (ZB, DN, HWT)
• Upper and lower case letters, numbers (and word lists)
• Letter sounds (which can be customized)
• A customizable 5-Stars play mode
• Unlimited Users
• AppoLearning.com ""Writing Wizard is the best letter tracing app on iPad"
• SmartAppsForKids.com TOP PICKS 5 stars "Writing Wizard has every feature needed in a handwriting app, along with some amazing options for customization."
• AppyMall.com : 5/5 "Wow!!! This is one fantastic app for learning to print for both families and clinicians."
• TeachersWithApps.com : "Teachers With Apps had the pleasure of beta-test Writing Wizard, which is simply brilliant! This app will be a daily go-to for any primary teacher, student, or parent."
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a Moms with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps
L’Escapadou takes children’s privacy seriously. We believe you should not have to worry about your kids being tracked by apps or websites. This app:
• Does not collect any user information (we do not use data collection tools)
• Does not contain in-app purchases
• External Links : Protected parent sections are available where you can send us a mail and check out our others apps. Before accessing a parent section, an addition must be solved so that young kids cannot access it.
What's New in Version 2.0
Thanks for your wonderful reviews and feedback !
• New section for drawing/prewriting activities (shapes and some easy & fun drawings)
• 6 new stickers to write with
• Localization : now includes all accented letters and is localized in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
• iPhone Support !
Very well designed
What a fantastic app for helping young children write and learn their letters, my 4 year old triplets love it and are already benefitting from the experience. You can tell the developer has worked around children, the app comes with many customisable features all well thought out and works wonderfully with a stylus.
As with another review I'd also like a few more fonts or font options - specifically a non italic rounded 'y' character similar to the one seen within the italic font, other than that I've found the last font almost perfectly meets my children's needs. Perhaps also providing the sounds for the Z character in UK English (zed instead of zee), though the app is great as you can re-record these sounds yourself so not a big issue.
9.8/10 highly recommended.
A great app with some useful adult control options. A clear interface - even my two year old can navigate without going off track - and the graphics and animations are stylish, clear and highly engaging. My only suggestion - a couple more font choices to achieve a closer match with handwriting fonts being taught at school and a parental control option to limit patterns, letters and words that child can choose from - to aid reinforcement and practice of letters child is currently learning, and within their ability range. Overall - I highly recommend this app!
Amazing game packed with options! My 3yo daughter loves playing with it and learning how to write! Colourful graphics and sounds make it interesting for younger kids. I got her a little pen for smart phones from £shop and it works a treat!
- Category: Education
- Updated: 18 December 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: pierre abel
- © L'Escapadou 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.