By Mode 7
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Frozen Synapse is a multi-award-winning tactical game.
“There's a depth here that's often lacking in other iOS titles, and it shines through the second you pick up the game.” (Pocket Gamer)
(Full cross-play with desktop and other tablet versions)
• Independent Games Festival Audience Award
• Develop Best New IP Award
• PC Gamer Strategy Game of the Year
• Indiegames.com Strategy Game of the Year
(Reviews and awards for desktop version)
Frozen Synapse brings the simultaneous turn-based strategy genre bang up-to-date and lets you give detailed, accurate orders to your squad: classic gameplay with a modern interface.
Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "Prime" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously.
Competitive-but-intuitive multiplayer and a huge single player campaign mean that Frozen Synapse will give you hours and hours of tactical delight.
• 5 challenging multiplayer modes, including the innovative bidding-based “Secure” and “Hostage Rescue”
• 55-mission single player campaign with dynamic dialogue and thrilling near-future narrative
• Powerful Skirmish Generator
Random generation combined with hand-crafted content means that levels and maps are different every time
• Critically-acclaimed electronica soundtrack by musician nervous_testpilot
- Existing players may use their existing account, but must buy a copy on iPad to do so
- If you already own the Red expansion, these features will be available to you via your existing account
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Fixed an issue to do with text entry
A unique game
I have been searching for a game like this for a long time, and am glad to have found it.
This game brings to mind a SWAT team. Clear out rooms, take out high value targets, and escort VIPs - this game has everything you'd want in a tactical top-down game.
Challenging, deep and addicting. Thanks for porting the full game.
Edit: I was really enjoying it until I learnt how unfair the single player medal system is. On some levels it seems impossible to get gold, taking away some of the replay value.
It does need an interactive tutorial. The game can be overwhelming to begin with. Worth persevering though, so much depth...