By DeskConnect, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seamlessly push websites, documents, pictures, and everything else to any device, any time!
DeskConnect is the missing link between all of your devices. You will never again have to email yourself pictures and documents just so you can open them on a different screen. Reading an article in Safari? In two taps, the article is waiting for you on your Mac. Imagine pulling up driving directions on your computer and sending them to the Maps app with one click.
You no longer have to imagine with DeskConnect. And that's just the beginning: you can even use DeskConnect to start phone calls from your Mac.
DeskConnect automatically integrates with many of your favorite apps - transfers can be initiated through the DeskConnect app, or through the Share sheet from many other apps.
Use DeskConnect to transfer these and more between your devices:
* Web pages
* Driving directions
* Your clipboard
Share as much as you want! DeskConnect has no usage limits, is free to use, and doesn't require a direct Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection. Your devices can be twenty feet or twenty miles apart.
Please note: DeskConnect can transfer to Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that also have DeskConnect installed.
What's New in Version 1.2
* All-new, redesigned UI
* Share extension for quick sending from other apps
* Send via DeskConnect action in Workflow (requires Workflow update)
* iOS interactive notifications for quickly copying received items
* 3D Touch for previewing received items
* Optimized for iPhone 6, iPad Pro, and iOS 9 split-screen multitasking
* Added iOS push notification refresh for faster downloads
* Added URL scheme
* Added App Store push previews
* Fixed crash when sending long videos
* Fixed crash when sending documents from other apps in iOS 8
* Fixed previewing unicode text
* Improved accessibility
* Automatically open Google Docs URLs in the Google Drive app, Netflix URLs in the Netflix app, Hulu URLs in the Hulu app, and workflows in the Workflow app
* Bug fixes and other minor additions
Crucial in my workflow
I started by thinking that this app had had it's day pre-Airdrop, I was totally wrong. For starters, this works on my 2009 iMac which doesn't support Airdrop to iOS devices - which means my iMac is back in the loop. Secondly I don't need to use both devices to transfer data between them - if I'm at university with my iPad Pro and want to send something to the iMac at home I can do it, and it works. Additionally documents are stored in the app for a while which means you can go back and fetch them. Finally it integrates with Workflow which is an app used multiple times per day in my life.
If you need to transfer files or text between your devices (iOS or more) then I recommend trying this.
The easiest way to transfer anything from Mac to iOS or vice versa. The procedure is the same for everything, unlike iTunes where each type of file seems to use a different method.
Love the app, hate the icon
Really great app but I hate the logo / icon! Can't believe that the same developer created the workflow icon which looks great, also created this very boring corporate looking icon.
Please come up with something more 'modern'!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 22 March 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: DeskConnect, Inc.
- © 2016 DeskConnect, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.