Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
* Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Microsoft RemoteApp
What's New in Version 8.1.6
• Support for NTLM channel binding
• Fixed iOS 8 layout issues
• Fixes issues with webfeed access
• Fixed other bugs
Well designed, intuitive. If you need an instruction manual you really shouldn't be using it!
Only one very minor issue, when I want to restart a client I have to visit it as cannot do ctrl alt end. But this may be a security "feature" so cannot mark it down.
If you are a "home" user you will need a terminal servicer installed on your network and you'll need proper OS "home" versions need not apply!
Doesn't work in windows 8.1
I have tried setting up the Remote Desktop for an hour. Looked at tutorial videos and it appears that it only works with windows 8 or windows 8.1 pro. The problem is when I go to system properties and choose the remote tab. I can select allow remote assistance but there are no further options on Windows 8.1. In 8 and pro, there is another option to allow remote connections. So the app is not working for me. I'd appreciate it if anyone can explain how I can get it to work.
Works perfectly !
Connected to my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop on the same network using the local IP address instead of the computer name and it connected in seconds, I mean literally two seconds at most !
I'm very impressed and I'm a very hard man to please, seriously !!
- Category: Business
- Updated: 22 January 2015
- Version: 8.1.6
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.