Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.2.7
- Fixed past events in the Today widget not dimming
- Fixed issue when editing custom repeat settings
- Better handling of snoozed recurring Reminders
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
The best iOS Calendar app
Fantastical is my go to calendar app on iOS and OS X. I love the app and it makes adding and reviewing my calendar so easy and convenient, especially with the new iOS 8 today view widget - which I much prefer to the built-in iOS calendar widget. The URL scheme support is great and allows you to add new calendar entries from other apps, e.g. one of my regular workflows is to highlight some text in my RSS reader and then send the text to Fantastical using the X-callback-url support - amazing to see Fantastical parse the text, create a new calendar entry and then return back to the sending app all in one go!
Number 1 feature request: I would really love to see notification sync support across devices, e.g. if I clear a calendar alert on my iPad it should automatically be cleared on my iPhone too. The developers regularly update the app and are quick to adopt new features in iOS.
Fantastic app. Disgusting behaviour towards consumers.
What a wonderful app for my iPhone 5s - cannot emphasise that enough, but the idea that customers must fork out more and more money to use on each individual device, I personally find disgusting. I'd love to be able to use this application fluently with my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro but after paying £4 for my iPhone and to be then greeted by another £8 for my iPad and £30 price tag for my MacBook, I find inexcusable. How a developer can expect customers to pay so much for, although a wonderful application, I don't understand when there are free alternatives close to the same standards. In my opinion, this developer would benefit more by either decreasing the prices or offer deals for those who have previously purchased the app on other devices.
All in all, great app, terrible behaviour towards consumers.
After much trial and error, I finally found a calendar app that addresses the shortcomings of the native app.
Integrates perfectly with calendar and reminders databases, superbly clear with easy input and (critically for me) it will search history greater than a year.
Well deserving of its 'essentials' tag on the App Store.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 20 May 2015
- Version: 2.2.7
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.