FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
Changes have been made to the directional pad.
- The directional pad now remains onscreen after removing your finger. This enables you to lift your finger and then press a directional arrow for easier control over character movement.
- Adjustments to input angles and ranges allow for easier movement.
- The directional pad has been redesigned.
Additions have been made to the battle command system.
- Tab (Left) and Tab (Right) modes offer new means of navigating battle commands. These modes may be enabled via the Config menu.
Support for the following languages has been added:
The following gamepads are supported:
- Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery
Pretty horrible revamp.
Horrible reworked sprites that really damage the tone of the game, awkward controls (really? FF5's were perfect! What went wrong?), and the worst iPhone 5 optimisation I've seen in a game- the sprites are just stretched horizontally, rather than just showing more of the gameplay area, as ought to be the case. Everything just looks really distorted.
Awful mess. Save your money.
Update: The latest version's D-pad tweak is exceptionally ugly. =\ Really needs the option to revert to the more minimalist look.
I'm almost halfway through, and really enjoy playing it, but there are a couple of problems. Firstly the control system is uncomfortable to use, and secondly there is a bug on the way to the floating continent that crashes the game when I'm in a battle with the 3 magitek machines. Other than that, a very good game.
Reimagined... Not so well for smartphones.
They did V better. VI is so much larger cause it's revamped with unnecessary bloat and an awkward battle system. At least they didn't have the annoying borders that plague V.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 October 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 512 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.