FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple iOS 9 Beta Notice
This is an important notice for players of SQUARE ENIX games on the iOS platform.
Apple has officially announced the release of its iOS 9 Beta.
However, since our apps are not compatible with the iOS 9 Beta at this time, we regret we are unable to provide customer support for any trouble arising from installation of this OS (including, but not limited to, data recovery or undelivered in-game currencies).
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixed several battle command issues.
Tab (Left/Right) Mode:
- Fixed issue in which a certain gamepad input could cause the game to freeze during battles against three or more enemies.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command could cause the game to close during battles of two party members against one enemy.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command targeting all enemies when surrounded by a particular enemy could cause the game to close.
The battery drain is real!!
First off, big FF fan here. Never played VI but heard it has one of the best stories so immediately snapped this up seeing it was 50% off. I am enjoying it so far, don't get me wrong. The walking controls can get a bit getting used to, but the main reason why this is 3 stars is because of the absurd rate it drains the battery on my iPad 3 at. I have only clocked 40minutes of in-game time, but it has managed to drain 32% of the battery! That is just unbelievable and drains battery quicker than what should be more demanding games such as San Andreas and Hearthstone. I will need to be sitting next to a power outlet if I ever want to play a long session, hence why I only gave this 3 stars.
Wow! Amazing game
As always FF is a great game. I have only ever played FFVII before this and would love to see that made available on iOS. This game runs great, graphics are nice, music is on point and the story so far is immersive. Thank you to all involved in making this game. Well worth the price, if you are wondering whether to pick up this game I would say go for it... You can't go wrong!
As a fan of the original game I was pleased to see this come to the App Store. The control stick can be a bit tricky at times but otherwise the touch controls work really well. The updated character sprites also look great. Not much too complain about except the game drains battery like crazy. Please port 7th Saga next!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 01 May 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 512 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.