FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We have received a report that the in-game language switches to English when the device is set to Chinese, Traditional (Hong Kong). To avoid this issue, please set the language on the device to Chinese, Traditional when using the app. Do not set it to Chinese, Traditional (Taiwan) or Chinese, Traditional (Hong Kong). If the Chinese, Traditional option is not available, set the device to another language and the Chinese, Traditional option will appear.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Problems with the "Album" feature in the menu have been fixed.
It was alright
I still don't understand why so many people love this game more than FF7. It was okay, I guess.
Graphics are great and this version has the bonus dungeons (Dragon's Den and Soul Shrine).
However, normal enemy encounters and boss fights are too easy - even the ones in the Dragon's Dungeon. Random encounters happen WAY too often that it became annoying. There were several times when I've finish a battle and walk around for just 2 seconds then immediately I'd end up in another battle.
The game's controls are also annoying. It's so easy to make your character and the airship go in the wrong direction and it happens too often.
Also, be warned sometimes the game will shut itself down during battles (if you happen to switch to read a walkthrough on Safari one too many times whilst playing the game).
The story isn't deep and expansive. Doesn't seem to be much character development. I don't understand how fans of this game find Kefka so appealing when he doesn't even have a background story.
Play it if you're really, really bored one day.
Terrible save options
Great game, but the app saves your last auto save so now I'm stuck 22 hours in.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 25 November 2015
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 698 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.