By Amanita Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "One of the prettiest things on iPad" - Kotaku
* "You absolutely need to check it out" (90%) - Toucharcade
* "A bold, bright, and brilliant" (90%) - PocketGamer
* "An amazing and heartwarming" (90%) - IGN
* Metacritic Score 88
* IGF Excellence in Audio Award
* Game of the Year - jayisgames.com
* IndieCade: Best Story/World Design Award
* IGM Readers' Choice Award in Best Sound / Music
Botanicula is a humor-filled adventure game created by the makers of award-winning Machinarium, studio Amanita Design and Czech band DVA.
Five friends, little tree creatures, set out on a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites.
- Relaxed game perfect for hard core gamers, their partners, families and seniors.
- More than 150 detailed locations to explore.
- Hundreds of funny animations.
- Incredible amount of hidden bonuses.
- Award winning music by Dva.
!!! We don't recommend playing the game on iPad1 !!!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
fixed bug in part 8 when party didn't get the magic stone after feeding all blue crystals
fixed bug in part 9 when closing the app on the crossing made mr. lantern unable to progress further
fixed a bug where 100pts achievement could not be obtained
fixes and minor updates in about section
if you obtain any gamecenter achievement while offline, you are able to re-obtain it later by clicking card icon now
Barmy but brilliant
This game is absolutely bonkers from the characters to the story to the music. It is also a work of genius. How the developers came up with the worldscape, the storyline, characters and puzzles is difficult to understand. As with Machinarium, the game is beautifully put together and plays wonderfully well. I am not going to describe the game to you as there really aren't any ways to describe it and do it justice. Do yourself a favour and download it. As one reviewer said, there aren't any major instructions but just go with the game and it really becomes a joy.
One minor issue is that my game stopped working at level fourish. I have reloaded it so will see what happens. I have lost all my progress but, with a game as good as this, I don't mind starting again one bit!
Download, marvel and enjoy. Worth every single penny.
To update: started again from the beginning and game worked perfectly. Now finished it and played it again. As I said, download, marvel and enjoy.
Bugs ruin this.
Wow played this for a long time yesterday. Quirky and visually beautiful yet at times laborious going backwards and forwards in loops. And, today, to my horror, it has failed to save any of my progress. Can I be bothered to do the first four levels again to get to were I was? NO. If I go through it again and get to level 7, will I want to do all seven levels again to continue? NO.
Devs need to fix this like a house on fire.
Gorgeously quirky, I loved it!
From the moment I saw the motley crew of characters, I was hooked. To start with the gameplay didn't seem intuitive but I soon got the hang of it and enjoyed every level. Engaging, quirky, witty and gorgeous to look at.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 02 June 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 607 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Amanita Design s.r.o
- © Amanita Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.