Is it possible to reduce time taken to give feedback to pupils yet improve the quality of it AND increase pupil engagement?
Audio feedback APP helps teacher’s to do this!
Trials have shown:
- 25% (approximately) saving in marking time.
- Quantity of feedback increases.
- Clarity of feedback is improved and retention is increased.
- Feedback is richer incorporating tone and emotion - more personalised.
- Promotes inclusion (EAL learners in particular)
- Increased pupil engagement.
How it works:
1. Record feedback (making minimal annotations)
2. Cloud storage synchs audio to local folder (turn on in settings)
3. Drag and drop MP3s to your VLE (alternatively share link/folder)
4. Pupils listen and reflect on feedback
5. Pupils implement feedback
Try it for yourself and leave a review or alternatively email us (email address in about us section)
What Pupils have to say:
‘Normally when the teacher writes in your book you don’t know how they mean it but when you hear it it’s like it’s face to face even though it’s recorded. You can understand it better from the teacher’s voice’ Year 9 pupil
‘It gives more details than written. I prefer it over written marking as you take it in more because you feel like you’re being spoken to’ Year 11 Pupil
What teachers have to say:
‘I think audio feedback is fantastic. It allows me to make incredibly detailed comments on my students' work that I just wouldn't have time to do if I were giving written feedback. I also like it because I teach so many EAL/ SEN pupils and find that they respond better to audio feedback as opposed to a page full of notes…’ English HOD
‘My students seem to retain their feedback for longer when we use audio feedback. This means that they always start their next assessment knowing their previous feedback’ Teacher
‘Not only am I giving better quality feedback in greater quantity, it’s actually taking me less time to do it!’ Teacher
‘I have found audio feedback with A-Level students to be the most beneficial. I have seen outstanding progress in their analytical skills from their 1st to their 2nd assessment’ Teacher
‘The students like it and are engaged. Feedback is more detailed and time effective’ Teacher
Minor Bug Fixes
- V1 Technologies Limited
- 10.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Shireland Collegiate Academy @ 2015. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.