iDo Notepad Pro (Journal/Diary)
By Neil Thomas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iDo Notepad Pro is a simple to use notepad diary/journal app. Easily create notes, loads of different fonts, folders, alerts, unique recycle bin, Rich text editing plus lots more -
* Supports iCloud syncing and backup.
* Style Manager. you can select text and change its style - Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-thru, font type, font size, Shadow, background and foreground colours, no more single style for your notes, make then look great. (iOS 6+ Required)
* Attach photos to notes, view and add captions + post to Facebook (iOS6+ Required)
* Post your notes to Facebook or Twitter (iOS 6+ Required)
* Send notes via SMS/iMessage.
* Folders, you can now create folders to store your notes in to make it easier to manage all your notes.
* Upload/Download files from Dropbox.
* Full screen mode gives you more space to edit your notes.
* Printing - Print your note to a compatible ePrint HP printer.
* Multi Tasking Enabled.
* EMOJI Keyboard Supported.
* Receive and export files between iDo Notepad Pro and other enabled applications
* Import and View PDF and office files (read only)
* Drag and Drop - move files and folders around the folder structure by dragging and dropping the note in the notes lists.
* Alerts - Alerts allow you to set a notification for you note at any given date and time so you get alerted even if the app is not running.
* Alert Manager - Keep track of all you passed and present alerts.
* Files and Folder locking - Lock files so that a password is required to view/delete the note/folder.
* Recycle Bin - When deleting notes they will automatically moved to the recycle bin allowing them to be restored if deleted in error.
* Password security stops people looking at your notes.
* Password Reminder - Option to add a password reminder in settings to help you if you forget your password.
* Touch ID for quickly signing in.
* Supports Text Expander
* Tab button displayed when typing notes.
* Sorting in Notes Lists, sort by Note Name (Ascending and descending) and Note Creating date (Ascending and descending)
* Simple to use calendar allows you to select different dates for your notes.
* Selection of built in icons allow you to identify different notes.
* Easily import icons/images from your photos library to help identify different notes.
* Record voice notes.
* Select 3 different recording levels to save on storage space.
* Easily email your note/voice note to anyone.
* Simple search bar allows you to search all your note titles and full search the body of your notes.
* Ability to group notes by type.
* All notes can have a different priority and can also be searched by this.
* Auto save feature.
* Each Note records the location of where the note was first created and displays this on the stats page using maps.
* Option to disable localisation in settings if required.
* Stats page reports shows when the note was created, last updated, Word and letter counts, font type used, font size, note priority and details about the voice note recorded (length, size, etc).
* View the creation location of your note, see the Longitude and Latitude coordinates, select between Standard, Satellite or Hybrid map.
* Watermark images can be enabled or disabled.
* Calendar day can now start on Sunday or Monday.
* Music Player - Very basic music player added to help select music without exiting/Task Switching our of the app.
If you have any ideas, enhancements, comments or problems please email at email@example.com and we will do my best to help you, please don't leave questions in the reviews as we can't reply to these.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the app.
What's New in Version 2.88
* Touch ID Added (If Available) to sign into the App and to use for unlocking folders/notes etc. (Requires iOS 8+)
* Fixed issue where note title was not showing when emailing on iPhones.
* Fixed issue where Copy/Cut/Paste could cause the app to crash.
* Fixed issue where photos sometimes would not show.
* Fixed Various other small issues.
Loving This Journal/Notes App
I've used DayOne and dabbled with other Journal/Notes Apps but since rediscovering this App in the Pro version I am mightily impressed. It may look a little old school in design but don't be fooled by that - it is FAR more powerful than some of the slick looking Apps out there and I'm still finding out more features as I get under the hood. The support from the developer is also spot on and he's very open to ideas and suggestions for improving the look and feel of iDo Pro. MASSIVE bonus for me is that it is now also available for OS which allows for me to work seamlessly across iPhone, iPad, iMac and MacBook Air. I can see no reason why this App cannot be a featured App when all its features are considered. Love it and look forward to it getting even better. It is now my go to journaling and note taking App.
Excellent app for writing
I've been using this app for over a year now and thought it was time to update my review. I still use this app on a very regular basis and find it to be the best writing app I have - it's the one app which has transformed my iPad into a productive tool for working. I love the powerful file structure and the many styles available. If I have one picky criticism, it's that in full screen mode the styles tab obscures the top right corner of the screen and covers up a few words, which is a little irritating. That aside, this is a brilliant app for anyone who uses their iPad for writing, more powerful and less gimmicky than many of the alternatives.
Love it. Used for a long time with no problems.
NB: THERE IS A VERSION FOR OS X TOO.
Love it for:
1) File structure, terrifically useful
2) Text formatting (a bit clunky but good)
e.g. highlight colours far better than in MS Word, where most are far too dark
3) iCloud sync
After a year or so using it as my main notes & drafts app my liking for it has steadily increased.
iOS Notes has improved but I still much prefer iDo Pro. I also prefer it to other, superficially more glamorous, notes apps. Updates have been infrequent, and a considerable amount of work, especially on the interface, could make it very much better. I'm sure this would be well worth it for the developer.
At £3.99 it's good value if you use it seriously, and there is a free version to try first. iTunes cards are often available at a discount, which makes purchase a little cheaper.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 16 September 2015
- Version: 2.88
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Neil Thomas
- © Neil Thomas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.