iDoceo - teacher's assistant gradebook and planner
By Bert Sanchis
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iDoceo is a powerful teaching assistant for the iPad.
You can add an unlimited number of students and classes.
iDoceo is paid only once and you get the full app and updates.
There are no additional subscriptions or in app purchases.
iDoceo respects your privacy and confidentiality. Works completely offline. No internet connection required.
All your data is only stored locally in your iPad, not in cloud or external servers.
An all-in-one tool that consists of:
- Fully fledged grade book, configurable, with custom calculations, attendance and can be linked with Google Classroom.
- Lesson planner: Week/Day views
- Diary: Day/Week/Month/Timeline views of a single class
- Seating plans
- Resource manager that will help you keep track of PDFs, audio,files,links,images, etc.
- Notepads with handwritten notes, drawings and timestamped text
- Configurable reports in PDF, XLS and TXT
Below the list of its main features. More details at www.idoceo.net
• PLANNER, DIARY AND SCHEDULE
- Configure simple week(s) schedules or complex rotating cycles with holidays. Unlimited combinations for each term
- Individual diary for each class. Single day view, week, month and timeline. Add&Edit iCal events
- Timeline view with all your lessons on sight. Bump, lock and yank lessons.
- Add files from any source, video, audio, handwritten notes, links and resources to your lessons
- Create PDF/XLS reports of your planner and diary.
- Use rubrics, categories, icons, colors, text or number based grades. You can configure your own grading system
- Evidence tracking features. Take pictures, record video and audio and attach it to any cell and student.
- Calculate simple weighted averages, additions or create your own Excel like formulas with conditions and complex functions.
- Add unlimited columns, categories, rows and pages to organize your information at will
- Use configurable editors on each column for ultrafast edition and adapt the grade book to your needs
- Send personalized information and reports to your students by e-mail automatically with their grades, annotations or files
- Filter information of students or groups on screen
- Share your gradebook configurations with other users
- Import your current data from any XLS, CSV or iDoceo template file
- Import your students photos from a single image with face detection or in bulk with separate files
- Export everything to native PDF, XLS or CSV (for any major spreadsheet software)
• SEATING PLANS
- Add columns and edit your data as if you were in the gradebook.
- Up to ten seating plans per class with five different modes and backgrounds
- Random group generator
• TO-DOs, TEXT AND HANDWRITTEN NOTES
- Create unlimited standalone notepads or linked to a class. Configurable sheets
- Full PDF report of your notepads.
- To-dos with alarm events
- Timestamped text notes for meetings, linked to a class or a student
• RESOURCE MANAGER
- Record audio and video, add handwritten notes, signatures, files ,images, links, add text or annotations
anywhere: gradebook cells, students, class, diary, planner.
- Full PDF reader with bookmarks and thumbnails
- Play Keynote presentations, view XLS files, audio and videos.
• SYSTEM TOOLS
- Multiple backup options: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or your own WebDAV server.
- Works in landscape, portrait and full screen mode (gradebook)
- Password protect your contents
- Random picker and spinning wheel on summary,gradebook and seating plan
- Class’ summary with configurable widgets.
- Bulletin board with resources and notes.
- Recycle bin with recently erased students, columns and classes
Thanks for all your support and great comments in the App store!
Visit our website's forum at www.idoceo.net or send us an e-mail from the app > Help > Support&Suggestions
if you have any questions or suggestions for our next updates.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
• Images can be annotated.
• Gradebook and Rubrics can now be zoomed in&out
• Change any column and category position with drag and drop
• Easily resize columns from the gradebook view
• New report with all or selected students and a single rubric. May include scores and annotations
• Plans can be copied between classes if students match
• Text notes may be included in the students report
• Classroom Badge Maker app can now be linked with a class
• Badges shown in student's personal sheet
• New student report option to include badges
• Configurable standards calculation in widget and multiple columns
• 'Standards and key skills' can be easily copy/pasted between columns
• New add resource options: Recent resources, Audiologic
• Formulas can now access any column&tab from any class even if students do not match exactly
• New function: ICONRESULT,BADGEMAKER, COLORCELL
and many more! Check the What's new section inside iDoceo for additional details.
Do not forget to update your rating when you have a chance.
Thanks for all your support and feedback
Fantastic all-in-one teaching assistant
I've been using this ever since I started teaching and loved it even though I was barely scratching the surface of its potential. The schools I worked at all had so much data entry in their own software that there was little point in using the grade book facilities in this. Instead, this was just an electronic Teaching Planner - as such it worked beautifully. Being able to switch between day-view, week-view and time line (allowing me to read through my projected sequence of lessons with one group) worked beautifully. Only complaint is that there was no template for lesson planning or convenient way to import plans made elsewhere into the main diary (rather than as an attachment) - in my early, trainee years, this would have been a blessing.
Now, however, I've moved into a job where I need to keep track of all my own students and suddenly all the grade book potential is being unlocked for me. I'm creating detailed breakdowns of all assessments I set my students which link into all their details and, unlike fiddling around with Excel, is incredibly easy to keep standardised and easy to access.
Still needs a fix on the lesson planning front.
Excellent app for teachers
Spent a good while looking for something like this and was very pleased when I found it. It has enabled me to keep everything in one place and to customise it as required meaning that I don't need to carry around a huge teacher's planner full of bits of paper. In addition, the app is regularly updated with new features in response to customer feedback and any queries that I have had were very quickly and effectively answered. What more could I ask for?
My paper planner has long since been abandoned in the cupboard with the unmarked books. A very useful app with a huge range of features that can be adapted by all subject teachers. It does take time to work out what's useful to your individual routines and assessment criteria. I'd be lost without it and seriously recommend it to any teacher who is sick of rifling through a bulging planner full of necessary but elusive pieces of paper. Idoceo has saved me hours of dithering and I've hardly scratched the surface.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 26 April 2017
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Catalan, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swiss German
- Developer: Bert Sanchis
- © 2011-2017 iDoceo Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.