iDoceo is a powerful teaching assistant for the iPad.
You can add an unlimited number of students and classes.
iDoceo is paid only once and you get the full app and updates.
There are no additional subscriptions or in app purchases.
iDoceo respects your privacy and confidentiality. Works completely offline. No internet connection required.
All your data is only stored locally in your iPad, not in cloud or external servers.
An all-in-one tool that consists of:
- Fully fledged grade book, configurable, with custom calculations, attendance and can be linked with Google Classroom.
- Lesson planner: Week/Day views
- Diary: Day/Week/Month/Timeline views of a single class
- Seating plans
- Resource manager that will help you keep track of PDFs, audio,files,links,images, etc.
- Notepads with handwritten notes, drawings and timestamped text
- Configurable reports in PDF, XLS and TXT
Below the list of its main features. More details at www.idoceo.net
• PLANNER, DIARY AND SCHEDULE
- Configure simple week(s) schedules or complex rotating cycles with holidays. Unlimited combinations for each term
- Individual diary for each class. Single day view, week, month and timeline. Add&Edit iCal events
- Timeline view with all your lessons on sight. Bump, lock and yank lessons.
- Add files from any source, video, audio, handwritten notes, links and resources to your lessons
- Create PDF/XLS reports of your planner and diary.
- Use rubrics, categories, icons, colors, text or number based grades. You can configure your own grading system
- Evidence tracking features. Take pictures, record video and audio and attach it to any cell and student.
- Calculate simple weighted averages, additions or create your own Excel like formulas with conditions and complex functions.
- Add unlimited columns, categories, rows and pages to organize your information at will
- Use configurable editors on each column for ultrafast edition and adapt the grade book to your needs
- Send personalized information and reports to your students by e-mail automatically with their grades, annotations or files
- Filter information of students or groups on screen
- Share your gradebook configurations with other users
- Import your current data from any XLS, CSV or iDoceo template file
- Import your students photos from a single image with face detection or in bulk with separate files
- Export everything to native PDF, XLS or CSV (for any major spreadsheet software)
• SEATING PLANS
- Add columns and edit your data as if you were in the gradebook.
- Up to ten seating plans per class with five different modes and backgrounds
- Random group generator
• TO-DOs, TEXT AND HANDWRITTEN NOTES
- Create unlimited standalone notepads or linked to a class. Configurable sheets
- Full PDF report of your notepads.
- To-dos with alarm events
- Timestamped text notes for meetings, linked to a class or a student
• RESOURCE MANAGER
- Record audio and video, add handwritten notes, signatures, files ,images, links, add text or annotations
anywhere: gradebook cells, students, class, diary, planner.
- Full PDF reader with bookmarks and thumbnails
- Play Keynote presentations, view XLS files, audio and videos.
• SYSTEM TOOLS
- Multiple backup options: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or your own WebDAV server.
- Works in landscape, portrait and full screen mode (gradebook)
- Password protect your contents
- Random picker and spinning wheel on summary,gradebook and seating plan
- Class’ summary with configurable widgets.
- Bulletin board with resources and notes.
- Recycle bin with recently erased students, columns and classes
Thanks for all your support and great comments in the App store!
Visit our website's forum at www.idoceo.net or send us an e-mail from the app > Help > Support&Suggestions
if you have any questions or suggestions for our next updates.
• Class report and XLS export may now include rubric details, value or text
• XLS Import wizard will let you select the sheet you'd like to work with if more than one detected
• Summary view chart - on numeric grades - may now be configured at will. Number of bars, max and percentage options
• Easily assign groups in bulk from the seating plan view
• Student text notes from different classes may now be reviewed from the student's sheet
• Online multiple choice tests now available for students!
• Unlimited number of questions, from 2 up to 7 possible answers with text or images.
• Rubrics submitted by students may now include comments
• iDoceo Connect online library is now ready. You can easily share tests with other users
You can check all the details inside iDoceo's Help > What's new section
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic all-in-one teaching assistant
I've been using this ever since I started teaching and loved it even though I was barely scratching the surface of its potential. The schools I worked at all had so much data entry in their own software that there was little point in using the grade book facilities in this. Instead, this was just an electronic Teaching Planner - as such it worked beautifully. Being able to switch between day-view, week-view and time line (allowing me to read through my projected sequence of lessons with one group) worked beautifully. Only complaint is that there was no template for lesson planning or convenient way to import plans made elsewhere into the main diary (rather than as an attachment) - in my early, trainee years, this would have been a blessing.
Now, however, I've moved into a job where I need to keep track of all my own students and suddenly all the grade book potential is being unlocked for me. I'm creating detailed breakdowns of all assessments I set my students which link into all their details and, unlike fiddling around with Excel, is incredibly easy to keep standardised and easy to access.
Still needs a fix on the lesson planning front.
Brilliant, Simply The Best
I rarely write reviews but iDoceo is one of those apps that you hear about, and then go out and buy an iPad to use it on. As a trainee teacher here in the UK I am at a point in my training where lesson planning is life blood, recording grades and student data is continuous and a good tracking system is needed for this to all come together.
iDoceo ticks all of the boxes for me, it is a bit like an old house with hidden rooms, because the more you wander around the more you discover, with good use of attachments, audio, video and photographs it will let you build a comprehensive student data repository and with the ease of typing on (in my case) the 12.9” iPad screen it is a Godsend.
Bert is also one of those developers who listens, I have emailed a few times with queries, he responds every time and is always helpful. I would like to see a ‘snap to grid’ feature on the cork board (unless I’ve missed it, that’s always a possibility) but apart from that this is THE killer teaching app, I have demonstrated this to my peers and I hope that they licence a copy, the work put into this software is amazing.
UPDATE - iDoceo can handle as many attachments as you can throw at it, I have 25MB so far which is trivial, this app gets better and better, and is a gift at the licence fee asked.
Great app for teachers
Although the interface is a bit clunky and doesn’t seem to have got rid of the skeumorphism of earlier iterations of iOS, this app has a rich and well programmed array of features which are very useful for teachers,
Keeping track of homework, assessment scores, lesson planning and holidays is, once set up, straightforward and efficient. Imagine turning up to parents evening with just your iPad and being able to give in depth analysis of every student’s successes and failures.
You can secure the app with Touch ID and you can even add individual comments to question scores, or put in an automatic grade converter.
- Bert Sanchis
- 115.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Basque, Catalan, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swiss German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 iDoceo Labs
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.