Using the free ifolor Designer and your most beautiful photos, you can quickly and conveniently create a personal, unique photo book. Let your imagination run wild and preserve your memories of a wedding, holiday or your family’s latest day out in a high-quality photo book from ifolor. The only limit is your imagination!
ifolor offers you awide selection of different products:
• Greeting cards
• Photo gifts
• Photo books
• Photo calendar
• Wall decorations
• High quality from the multiple test winner
• A wide selection of formats and bindings – something to meet every need
• Individual design options on 24 to 132 pages
• Photo book sharing - share your photo book online with your friends
• Facebook - load your Facebook pictures simply and directly into your photo book
• "Tilt-Shift" effect - for even more creativity
• QR code - place URLs in your photo book for e.g. videos, exciting websites etc.
• Photo book assistant with many themes
• Basket: making it easy to order multiple photo books at the same time
• In-place image editing: edit your image section directly on the photo book page
• In-place text input: enter your text just where you want it in your photo book
• Video freeze images: add the best images from your videos to your photo book
• Area element: put coloured areas or colour gradients behind your texts or use them as a background – using the built-in colour detection system as a guide
• Frame editor: the built-in colour-detection system makes designing your own frames child’s play
• Perfect access to your iPhoto, Aperture or Lightroom libraries
• Support for full-screen mode
• Retina ready: both the user interface and the high-performance photo-book editor are now optimised for retina displays
• "Face detection" for better positioning of the images
• A realistic preview of your photo book
• The ability to save and reuse your own page templates
• Convenient payment by invoice
• Short delivery times – you will have your printed book in your hands in just a few days
In the big photo book test in German fotoMAGAZIN (12/2012), ifolor was listed as "Value-for-money tip" with an overall rating of "very good" for its photo book Deluxe, A4, portrait.
The ifolor photo book Deluxe A4 was the clear test winner in the 28 August 2012 edition of Swiss consumer magazine "Kassensturz".
The new update provides new formats for all wall decorations, so you can now print large pictures that are even more creative and unique.
Have fun creating!
Your ifolor team
PS: Please contact our support team with any questions or comments.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than the Apple print products ever were...
Like everyone I’m disappointed that Apple have discontinued their photo print products - printing straight from the Photos app was very convenient & it was great that your data was all in 1 place.
However don’t despair - the ifolor Designer seems superior in every other way. The app allows you to reach straight into the Photos app to select the photos you want from your custom folders & this updates dynamically if you change something in Photos. It works really well. The actual layout & composition tools are much more modern & less restrictive than the old Photos book templates, & books feel quicker to produce becuase of this. Delivery also seems much quicker than Apple - 5 working days or so. Swiss efficiency! And the actual finished quality of the books seems much higher in terms of print quality, paper & binding - they make the old books feel a bit cheap in comparison. Finally it’s very unusual that when you place the order the acknowledgement email comes from ifolor's managing director & gives you his name; a very pleasant personal touch in a digital world.
Some issues but editing options are great
First, Don’t try and edit using ifolor within Photos- projects- on a mac- it is very, very glitchy and unstable, even though Photos shows the Ifolour as a project option and, will let you work this way- JUST Don’t. Use the Ifolour designer app direct from your desktop and it is a pretty good and intuitive app- functions very differently used this way. Plentiful edit options for every page. A couple of issues in that you cannot change a book size after editing, or do a larger or smaller copy, ie- A3 to A4, which is frustrating, and uploads can be a bit hit and miss with unstable connections at Ifolors end. Also the app seems to jump around and won’t allow you to set a page location of your choice when trying to return to specific pages, so it can be a bit time consuming scrolling back and forth on a long project. Make a working copy periodically as it can be a bit quick to make unwanted decisions for you. Otherwise Very functional and creative. Haven’t had a book back yet but it would seem print quality is a real positive.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! We are constantly working at making it even more intuitive and offer additional features.
Don’t use the Photos plug-in, use the separate App.
At first glance the plug-in seems great, with plenty of print product offerings. However, when I wanted to create some booklets for family members, I was sent off on a trail of frustration that just got worse and worse.
There are no effective instructions and, even for a pretty computer-literate user, the plug-in is not intuitive. It re-sizes and re-orders photos in a seemingly random way, yet only offers the ability to zoom in further on already-cropped photos, rather than zoom out so you can at least get the whole photo in. If you slect more than the default number of pages for a booklet (and the large number of pages available was what attracted me in the first place), then it doesn’t repopulate the booklet to use the extra pages.
However: the App is completely different! For a start, it has a good instruction book when you launch it, and it also allows you to choose your proposed product before loading the photos; pricing included. These two features alone overcome the biggest frustrations of the Photos plug-in.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your review, it helps us optimize the Designer.
- Ifolor AG
- 225 MB
OS X 10.11.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ifolor AG, 2011-2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.