"This app has totally changed my life, I absolutely love it."
"Great walk, instructions were very detailed, perfect!"
"Best walking App ever"
With more than 1,270 detailed and mapped UK digital walking guides (October 2018) the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
- No in-App purchases (you get all current and future walks free)
- No phone signal required when following a walk
- More walking guides added every week
- Full turn-by-turn directions, access notes & a GPS powered live map with location.
You can check out the coverage of walks before you buy - visit iFootpath.com. New walks are added every week.
From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends. There are pub walks, city walks, waterside walks, hill walks and coastal walks with something for all abilities, from 1 mile to 14 miles long. The counties with the most walking guides include Surrey, Yorkshire, Sussex, Berkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Hampshire, Suffolk, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Dorset, Essex, Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire and Staffordshire but all counties in England have some walks to enjoy.
iFootpath is different. Of course, it does provide the ability to collect and share GPS map data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers & hikers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, access information (stiles, gates, terrain, livestock…) historical notes, audio snippets, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
(The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download any of the digital walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location, by town/postcode, by county or by keyword
- Filter for Easier Access & Accessible by Train
- The walk introduction tells you everything you need to know before you set out (access information including stiles and other obstacles, livestock, climbs, terrain plus how to find the starting point)
- While following the walk, your experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, audio snippets, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real-time progress on the live GPS map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk, and read other people’s experience
- Tag walks as Completed and Favourite on the App and website, to keep track of the walks you have walked and the walks that you love
-Navigate to start of walk/parking - 'Driving Directions'
- Track your own walking route and see your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and full descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minor updates and bug fixes.
- You can contact us help@iFootpath.com
- Visit the website https://www.ifootpath.com/
- Help Centre https://ifootpath.kayako.com
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t walk without it!
I’ve used the app quite a bit at home (Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire borders) and have found it invaluable to explore off the beaten track and discovered so much countryside in our built up county. It’s invaluable particularly as I often walk alone, the instructions are so easy to use and the map also really gives you confidence in case you misread the steps.
My husband and I have also just put it to great use in Derbyshire and done 3 routes over 3 days and again everything really well described. Some more walks in the south Peak District would make me very happy as we’re about to move up here for good :)
Brilliant app and I wouldn’t be without it, so worth the money and as a bit of feedback for the developers: I’d happily pay an annual subscription ;)
Excellent and Easy to Use
Been using now for a few weeks and so far it’s been excellent. SO informative with the walk details and although initially I wasn’t keen on the “Hybrid” maps I am now getting to prefer them! The GPS tracker is very accurate but I haven’t been on any hill or mountain walks, I use this tracker to maybe tailor the walks to my preference of using public transport to and from walks. With this in mind I can “join” walks say in the middle, even do them in reverse using the map as a guide not the turn by turn directions. So overall a VERY useful App, and will continue with it in preference to my other O.S.Map based App!
Extremely helpful developer who is easily contacted...always a good sign!!
Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated.
Great little app
We’ve only done a couple of these walks but we love this app! The walks are great, lots of options and the directions are far better than I have found from other sites. The download feature for the directions is super useful, as roaming the countryside doesn’t always have 4G! The little facts included with in the directions are such a special touch. Details of dog friendly and levels of difficulty make this app pretty much everything you need! Will be recommending to others for sure!
Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated.
- Richard Jemmett
- 44.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 iFootpath - part of OneToRemember LLP
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.