IKEA Place uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer. See below for iPad compatibility.
IKEA Place lets you virtually 'place' IKEA products in your space.
The app includes 3D and true-to-scale models of everything from sofas and armchairs to footstools and coffee tables. IKEA Place gives you an accurate impression of the furniture’s size, design and functionality in your home so you can stop wondering and start doing.
To use the app:
- Make sure the room is well lit and hold your smartphone at waist level
- Scan an empty piece of floor by moving your device around
- Search the list of available products and select one
- Find an empty spot in the room, rotate and place the product there
- Select other products and add them to your room to make a new Place.
The app lets also you share your 'place' with social apps like WhatsApp or Instagram. And ultimately, order your products through IKEA Store. Look out for updates as more IKEA products and additional functionality arriving soon.
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Visualise how new furniture would look in your home with AR.
Upset, was let down with high Expectations
every single time i click on this app, despite the fact i have downloaded it and redownloaded it several times, nothing happens, just ‘recurring issue? Get in touch’ it is infuriating as i have always had a lot of faith in Ikea. I have a new iPhone, i am up to date with my IOS updates so i dont understand the problem especially as this app was recommeneded to me by a friend, i was very excited as i am revamping my room with Ikea products so my faith has been a little let down.
We're currently experiencing an issue in the UK where people can't use IKEA Place on their WiFi. Switching to cellular should solve the problem. We're aware that this is not an optimal solution and we're working hard to find the source of the problem. Until then we apologise for the inconvinience and hope you'll give us another chance.
Nice work Ikea, nailed it.
This app is epic, great for visualising before you buy. Cleaver stuff, AR done well.
Missing out on the 5 stars for two reasons:
1. I’d like to see kitchen items included.
2. When using the search function: as items load up I get thrown back to the top of the list when scrolling down. This is a tad frustrating.
Hej Jimjiminy. Thanks for the kind feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoy IKEA Place. We have forwarded you feedback to the developers and we'll make sure to keep your ideas in mind for coming updates.
- Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
- 87.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.