Easily add frames, mats, and borders to your photos!
ImageFramer is used by artists, professional and amateur photographers, scrapbookers, framers, and people who simply want their family photos to look better.
ImageFramer helps you to:
* Present your photos and paintings in life-like frames
* Add artistic frames and effects for photographers
* Decide how to best frame your art by comparing multiple designs!
* Make your artwork stand out with life-like frames for a professional look.
* Create holiday cards
* Spice up your family, travel or holiday photos
Over 100 frames and mats in the free version with over 800 beautiful frame designs available in the standard collection (unlocked with "Standard Features" in-app purchase) with over 400 more in the Pro collection (unlocked with "Pro Features" in-app purchase), with more frames being added constantly.
The free version exports with an ImageFramer watermark. Watermark will be removed with the purchase of either the "Standard" or "Pro Features" features.
Learn more about ImageFramer at https://imageframer.net
* Photo.app extension
* Batch Processing
* Lightroom Plugin
* Share Extension to share photos to ImageFramer
* Create multiple variations of the frame by adjusting brightness, saturation, or colorizing it
* Add multiple colored mats with bevels for photo-realistic look
* Add shadows below the frames and control light source direction
* Add image or text overlays with easy but powerful controls (needs to be unlocked with "Standard Features" in-app purchase)
* Export images quickly by dragging and dropping to Finder or to the desktop.
* Export images in different sizes and multiple formats
* Select background color to visualize your complete framed image on the wall in your room
* Frame editor to create your own raster or vector frames (needs to be unlocked with "Pro Features" in-app purchase)
* Frame design report with real-world sizes. Great to prepare for real frames. (needs to be unlocked with "Pro Features" in-app purchase)
* Importing and exporting of frames and designs for sharing and backup (Exporting frames requires "Pro Features")
* Print or share your designs
Frame Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Love photos of your family with the new Holiday collection of original vector frames. More to follow for free.
A comprehensive user manual is included through the Help menu.
- Support opening .HIEC image files on supported macOS releases, and saving back into them (but not Saving As)
- Improve dropping from Photos by opening the full-resolution image instead of a thumbnail
- Fix a crash when opening images with some color spaces (like some exported from Capture One Pro 12)
- Enabled Hardened Runtime
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
I downloaded the free version in 2013. The next day I bought the standard version. There’s nothing like seeing your own photos in frames and this is great for trying out ideas for real frames, printing them out and showing to a picture framer “something like this…” It’s also great for embellishing pictures for websites etc. Mostly though, it’s addictive! I often end up with a desktop full of pics…
If there is anything I would like it would be the ability to overlay ‘glass’ to the picture - reflections etc…
Shame they felt they had to add watermarks to the free version recently, but if you find it addictive like me you’ll soon want the paid version anyway...
No longer free
I have used this app for quite a while to add simple frames to images before publishing on social media, avoiding the need to add them in PS. However, the recent update has effectively removed the ‘free’ version by adding watermarks to the images. It also removed all the personal templates I had created. Very disappointed, and good as the app was, it’s not worth the £39 required to access standard features without watermarks. One customer lost, who will no longer recommend the app to others.
A Very Useful Tool
I am a professional artist, and this app is no end of help. I use it for putting a finish to my portfolio presentations, as well as to give me some ideas for actual framing.
The app is very easy to use, and has plenty of options for how you want to work with the frames you choose to present with any piece of art.
Having giving the free version a try, I wanted the complete version straightaway. I have encountered no bugs, no awkward issues with any operation of the app. It works very well, in other words.
I do hope the app will be updated as new frame designs come along. My work really requires more modern frames, so a lot of the ornate offerings are no good to me. There are plenty of decent modern choices, but there is no harm wanting to have a bit more selection in due course.
I would heartily recommend this app to any fellow artist as it has given my work an edge I really appreciate.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.