IMDb – the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content.
Watch trailers, get showtimes near you, buy tickets, read critic and user reviews. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch on your Watchlist, and rate movies and TV shows you’ve seen.
• Search our catalog of more than 4 million movie, TV and entertainment programs and more than 6 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage, including the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards (Oscars)
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, celebrity birthdays, and more
• Receive notifications for new trailers, movie showtimes, breaking news, and more
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers and clips for movie and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user & critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Amazon Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Save your favorite theaters
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets right from your phone or tablet
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV & celebrity picks, or make it just for you
A few IMDb features require special permissions:
- Location: share your location to display nearby movie showtimes, theaters, and tickets available to purchase
- Calendar: give access to your calendar to track movie and TV release dates
- Camera and Photos: give access to the camera and your photos if you’d like to submit new images for a movie or TV show
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
We've updated our Trivia, Quotes, Goofs, and Crazy Credits pages on movies and shows to allow you to sort, filter, and vote on each item more easily. We've also fixed some bugs in lists throughout the app. Thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and Reviews
Get the buzz on what’s worth watching and see what the critics are saying.
Great for reviews but missing features
I downloaded this years ago to get reviews on movies and TV series to see if they were worth watching. It’s always been great for that purpose. However as I watch a lot of films and series I felt I needed a way of keeping track of everything I’d seen, especially to know where I am with long running series. I created an account for the first time as I’d never needed to log in previously. When I logged in I found it over-complicated and at a glance couldn’t see a simple way to keep track of what I’d seen. The app has a watchlist, but no way to mark something as watched when done. I’ve searched for help on this but the only help I could find is the suggestion to rate a movie or series after watching it to keep track of what I’ve seen, but this incredibly doesn’t remove it from your watchlist (why would you need it on your watchlist once you’ve rated it?). I don’t get how such an established and long running app can miss such important features. I’d like to think the app developers will read this and do something about it, as it would be great to have a single app with all these features, but I’ve already found a few apps that track your TV viewing so I’ll probably need to use one of those alongside the IMDB app.
I ❤️ IMDB
I have been visiting the IMDB website since around the 2000 (there about). Before that my means of entertainment information was through movie review magazine which was not cheap and limited in content. Imagine when the need to refer to an old movie that has just become available on streaming? Besides, I ran out of space to keep all the hard copies. I like the fact that he reviews are written by many people instead of just a few who might have agenda. I had tried participating in their discussion forum in the past but was put off by immature anti-social behaviour which unfortunately permeated many walks of society. Otherwise, IMDB is fab. The site has added many more features in the last 17 years, I’m hopeful that the brilliant guys and gals at IMDB will continue the good work, like launching the App, which is good, but I still prefer to use the bigger screen on my desk top, so I hope they don’t just put all their resources in developing he App and neglect the website. In conclusion, IMDB is a great source of information for movie buffs like myself 😄.
- 96.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 1990-2018 IMDb.com, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.