iMockups for iPad
By Endloop Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
☆☆☆☆☆ Winner of Applied Arts - Best Mobile App 2010 Award
☆☆☆☆☆ App Star Runner up - Best Utility App 2010 Award
iMockups for iPad is the PREMIERE mobile wireframing and mockup app for your web, iPhone and iPad projects.
"If you weren’t planning to buy an iPad, this app alone could very well change your mind." - Chris Pirillo, Tech Expert for CNN.com
"iMockups could actually play an integral role in how you tackle new projects" - Computer Arts Magazine
"iMockups is a must have tool for web designers, iPhone developers and really anyone looking to design a UI starting with a good wireframe mock up." - iPadInCanada.ca
"We think designers are going to adore this. Talk about a great idea to take advantage of all that screen." - Brian X. Chen, Wired Magazine
8/10 - Featured on AppCraver.com's "must-have apps for the iPad" list
"iMockups looks like a good tool for those of you who are tired of carrying around that sketchbook, pencil, and eraser for capturing your app ideas." - Steven Sande, TUAW.com
****Featured by Apple, Wired, Mashable.com, MacRumors, TUAW.com, and more*****
Created exclusively for the iPad, iMockups combines a beautiful interface with intuitive functionality, taking full advantage of the breakthrough touchscreen device.
iMockups is simple to use but make no mistake, it's a serious app for creative professionals.
DESIGN ANY APP YOU WANT
- A comprehensive and growing list of pre-built dynamic controls (for Web, iPhone and iPad) help turn your ideas into full fledged designs at the office or on the go.
- Low fidelity mockups encourages feedback, communicates ideas clearly and helps your team and clients focus on the functionality.
- Create mockups faster than ever. With snap-to-gridlines and a customizable canvas, our intuitive multi-touch interface is a joy to use.
SHARE AND COLLABORATE
- Email editable projects to your colleague's or client's iPads for easy collaboration. For those without iPads, just export to PNG or Balsamiq BMML format.
- iMockups supports multiple projects and each project can have multiple pages. Manage them easily from our Project view.
- We're proud of iMockups and we want to make sure our customers are happy. We have dedicated support staff to insure this.
- Get creative with our ever expanding variety of smart customizable UI controls like navbars, tab panels, pickers, and markup elements
- The gorgeous interface not only makes it a joy to look and touch, it’s designed to let you work the way you want. Panels easily slide out of the way when you don’t need them.
- Collaborate and discuss your designs quickly and easily with full-screen Presentation mode.
- Full content creation and editing controls like Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste and Zoom.
**IMPORTANT TIPS: PLEASE READ!**
- Visit our iMockups YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/imockups for video previews and tutorials!
- Tap TOOLS > HELP for an overview of controls.
- you must use TWO FINGERS to PAN the canvas since a single finger will select elements
- iMockups is meant for LOW FIDELITY mockups best used for rapid wireframing, brainstorming and ideation.
- Low fidelity mockups helps you, your team and your clients focus on FUNCTIONALITY and FLOW, and not get caught up over what shade of cornflower blue your icon should be.
- VISIT OUR BLOG http://blog.endloop.ca and follow @EndloopStudios and @iMockups on Twitter for the latest news!
We're committed to supporting iMockups. We've released over 10 updates since launch adding tons of new features!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Bug Fix: Reordering pages
- Increased maximum canvas size
Solid, essential app with very few niggles
This is really a very solid app, and has more than proven its usefulness on my iPad. It's easy to use, for a start. I was up and running creating iPhone / iPad mockups within minutes. They have a professional wireframe look, which are more than presentable enough for serious work use. The gestures for working with objects are intuitive and no problem to learn.
There are a couple of things that make the app seem like more of a work in progress than a finished product, however - although this isn't a bad thing in itself, as a glance at the developer's site shows how they are committed to adding features in regular updates.
I have a few niggles such as buggy depth issues when grouping several objects together - sometimes items suddenly disappear beneath other objects when grouped. And it would be nice, as other users have said, to have more controls / elements to choose from, and a choice of skins, including a realistic one to mock up iPhone / iPad screens as they would appear on the device. But I'm optimistic that the developers seem very responsive to user feedback! Great attitudes make great apps, and this has tons of potential.
A must-have if ur a web designer!
I'm a veteran web designer and up until about a month ago all my web layouts were done on pen & paper and then finalized in photoshop/fireworks. Since I got this app both have gone out the window and this is now my SOLE tool for doing mock layouts. It's sooo much faster and although it doesn't have the flexibility of a desktop imaging software (and isn't as polished), for the purpose of creating rough website layouts its 10/10... AND FAST!
I think what makes this app is that u can effortlessly export ur finished mockups via .pdf, print them out and have them in front of u to work with when u get down to the actual website building.
But yea, as far as the app goes... It's fast, it's easy, and best of all... as its on an iPad so u can use it ANYWHERE, which is probably where u get ur best ideas anyway.
Although it may need slight polishing, for £5 its definitely worth the money. I'd pay up to £20 for an application that comes even close to being as good as this. And I pretty much bought them all.
So yea, if ur want a serious application where u can actually get some work done, this is the one.
What can I say....
Well, I was "torn" between two and three stars.
For one side it is relatively simple to work with and you can "export" to PDF and JPG... But:
I have a 17 page mockup with only 3 pages with images and it gets sluggish.
I tried "exporting" to PDF and it e-mailed a dud fille...
Same with jpg. It didn't say how big the file would be, it gave no feedback at all. I had to find my own way it was not good... After having found a zip reader for the iPad and then trying on a desktop!
Had to e-mail myself 17 pages... Couldn't export to WebDAV, Dropbox,FTP, or anywhere/anything else... Just e-mail(!?!?!?)....
No "undo" button or option.
Neat two finger area select... But would I have spent the money? Noooo... Could achieve the same with paint or similar... Probably easier too.
And before you start complaining... Yes, I do work in IT, yes... For 20 years... Can I work with it? Just did. Would I repeat the experience?... Until it is improved?... Unlikely...
Update: I have a full project I had started with the app so now I want to take it to completion. No problems emailing the documents now but still no feedback and no decent export to WebDAV or other useful feature of the like.
I don't understand the 5 stars...
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 27 September 2011
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Endloop System Inc.
- © 2011 Endloop Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.