This beautiful app is an ultimate journal, personal diary and mood charting tool. It can track not only mood, but anything you like: sleep, medication, symptoms, stress and anxiety, energy level, cycles, etc. It will help you discover causes of your ups and downs, and get surprising insights into yourself!
* Featured on NY Times, NY Daily News, made "The Best Bipolar Disorder Apps of the Year" by Healthline, voted "Top 10 apps for health and wellness" by Rewire Me, recommended by expert on Psychcentral.com and many other specialists.
- Colorful editable scale to rate overall well-being.
- Possibility to keep notes to record thoughts and experiences. You can create really long mood records, edit them any time you wish and even create records in the past if you missed a scheduled recording.
- Automatic reminders – as many as needed per day, including random ones.
- Animated mood history chart to browse history of mood records.
- Smart #hashtags system to establish associations between moods and experiences by adding #hashtags to records. Mark your emotions, people surrounding you, any other objects or activities with #hashtags. Examples: #angry, #surprised, #friends, #workout. iMoodJournal will show how your feelings and your surrounding affect your wellbeing in long term.
- Special hashtags to track any measurable essences, like medication, sleep, level of stress, etc. Use #hastags with colons and numeric values, like #aspirin:40mg or #sleep:8h
- Top Positive and Negative #hashtags charts to spot triggers of mood changes and filter mood records by #hashtags.
- Gorgeous summary charts to recognize time-based patterns in mood, which include full mood history, as well as weekly and daily average charts.
- Large landscape mood chart to visualize #hashtags values to discover correlations between mood and any measurable essences like medication, sleep, etc.
- Visualization of moods on the map if geolocation is enabled.
- Backup, synchronization and protection with passcode.
- Possibility to attach self-portrait photos to mood records and realize how your mood affects your appearance.
- Sharing moods with friends on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or sending them by email.
WHEN DO I NEED A MOOD DIARY AND TRACKING TOOL?
Mood diary is frequently offered by psychologists and therapists to help us discover facts about ourselves that otherwise slip our attention. You may experience a diagnosed condition like bipolar, OCD, depression, etc. Or you may want to track symptoms of PMS, IMS, PMDD, PPD, or track menstrual cycles. You may have stressful job, like manager reporting to executives or customer facing specialist, which makes you feel exhausted at the end of your long day. You may be on emotional rollercoaster as your partner is making your heart tear apart. Or you may simply be curious to know yourself better. This app may help! Bring your iMoodJournal to your therapist or discuss it with your close friend to maximize its positive impact on your life.
* To get the best out of the app, please keep regular records (preferably 2 – 3 times a day) of your mood with tags and self-portraits for at least 1 – 2 weeks. The Weekly Cycle chart requires several weeks of records to generate meaningful output. We wish you the very best experience with iMoodJournal. Please send us your feedback at email@example.com.
* Note that we have no means to reply if you try to get in touch using App Store reviews. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website contact form – we provide full developer support and will be happy to hear from you and resolve any issue quickly, should you have any questions, suggestions, or problems.
More about the app: http://www.imoodjournal.com
Follow us on Twitter @iMoodJournal and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IMoodJournal/
- The ability to view mood records in the calendar has been added to the History tab.
Ratings and Reviews
Best bipolar app I’ve tried
Love it. Very straightforward to use but with sophisticated graphing and logging system. Comparing the hashtags is incredibly useful and much easier than keeping a journal and trying to spot patterns yourself. You can customise the mood levels and colours easily and also have the peace of mind after using of knowing whether, for example, you just feel rubbish at 4pm every day or whether you need to watch for other symptoms. Clean, intuitive UI, and very easy to log. I love the selfies feature too as it has helped me show my family and partner that I just look ‘grumpy’ all the time and it’s not them. A+++, 20/10, 5⭐️, thank you so much for making my constant, medically necessary tracking so much easier.
Fix the update problem..
Been using this app for years now and it really does help. Add #words to retrospectively look at patterns in mood and then hopefully pinpoint and cancel the negatives out. Can easily see analysis maps over longer periods. The problem with the update: There are only 8 rows of text that are visible when typing, after that it runs underneath the new video button. So you can’t see what you’re writing at times.
Potentially life changing
I was able to track my mood changes with different medication to see if it was having positive effects. I was also able to record what affected my mood and notice any patterns.
- Inexika Inc.
- 61.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Inexika Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.